• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fitting an 8x4ft Sign

handbrake

Hi Guys,

What would be the best way to fit a rectangular sign 8x4ft to a triangular structure? I'm new to fitting signs and I'm a bit worried about the top left hand corner not being supported from behind.

Should I make a frame behind the flat sign (timber or metal) and affix that to the structure using hose clamps or VHB with silicone?
Should the sign be folded on the left and top to give it extra strength?
Affix a bar to the top left corner of the sign and attach it to the roof behind?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_5964.jpg
    IMG_5964.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 84

WB

Depends what your making the sign from, I'd feel better if the corners were supported. Even if you had a 1/2 sheet of pressure treated Plywood out outdoor sign board it would be better. A full metal structure would be ideal but all depends on you budget.

visual800

if it were mine I would have a an aluminum frame built behind some maxxmetal and go from there. I would concentrate so much on the triangles as much as the large pole I would be connecting to

Billct2

My first preference would be to design to fit the shape, use 6mm ACM and pipe clamps to fasten.
Unless there is more room in the budget then I would opt to a frame that would be fastened to fit the shape and then then panel to that.

MikePro

curious how much additional weight those crossbars are intended to hold, as it looks like they are already holding up the roof.
a sign becomes a sail in the wind, which will add even more weight to the structure.

Mosh

Call a sign company that does this kind of work. If you don't know what you are doing I hope you have GOOD INSURANCE....the sign falls on someone you will be done fore good.

handbrake

Thanks very much guys, think I'll have a professional company look at it for me. Not that I'm not professional but just don't have the skills yet to pull something like that off.

Cheers