• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Printing & Finishing

We currently only run a HP 360 for flexible media and sub out all of our rigid media. Looking into upgrading to a flated uv printer & cutter/router. Preferably with a flexible roll cutting option.

I have been looking at Scitex FB, used and Summa Cutters. Any opinion on these options versus colex, mimaki etc?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Avoid the FB, EOL is coming soon for those. As for the cutter it all depends on your needs but the Summa and colex are great machines. The Summa has a dual workflow option for rtr and flatbed cutting and I believe the Colex you can buy an upgrade for optiscout to do something similar.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Chris,

There are some very attractive offers on the Summa flatbeds right now and we have an option for 0% financing with 90 day deferred payments. For cutting flexible roll media like what you are describing, the F1612 would be an excellent choice. Let me know if you might be interested in having a quick conversation to discuss the Summa solution and I would be happy to reach out whenever it is most convenient for you. If email or PM communication would be easier that works for me as well.

Please let me know how I might be able to help out.

Thanks, Chris!

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Michael Colella

Hello Chris,

Colex Finishing Solutions Inc. is actually hosting a live webinar series every day at 3:30 PM EST. from October 26th to November 12th. I think it would be a great opportunity for you to stop by and learn more about our cutters. We are gifting all attendees an acrylic phone holder that is great for everyday use at your desk or work area. We hope to see you there!

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/976113429
https://www.colex.com

If you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Michael Colella
Colex Finishing Solutions
Marketing Manager
201-265-5670
info@colex.com

DaveD

Avoid the FB, EOL is coming soon for those. As for the cutter it all depends on your needs but the Summa and colex are great machines. The Summa has a dual workflow option for rtr and flatbed cutting and I believe the Colex you can buy an upgrade for optiscout to do something similar.
If not the FB than what? R1000 or another UV unit you recommend?

Christian @ 2CT Media

If not the FB than what? R1000 or another UV unit you recommend?
Personally, I would look at the Vanguards, Stratojets, and Digitech machines. They are industry innovators and cost-effective to get in to. Their performance to quality is much better than Roland, Mimaki, HP, Canon/Oce, Konica, and other comparably priced machines.

nate

The HP Latex flatbed series is quite nice but suffers from the flaw that it is a Latex machine. If you're doing a ton of the same thing it happily hums a long. If you're doing a one off here or there you spend a lot of time waiting for it to heat up and cool down (just like your 360). This machine isn't going to do hundreds of board an hour but it will complement your 360 well.

Digitech makes a great machine and will definitely print a lot if you're ready for it. I've been to their factory/development center and these guys are legit.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Vanguard now that Durst owns them. I would expect that several of the flaws of the machines they offer as well as the software will be smoothed out with investment by Durst.

To me there is only one cutter and that's a Zund. A bit pricey up front but second to none. There is nothing better than a Zund.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you're doing a one off here or there you spend a lot of time waiting for it to heat up and cool down (just like your 360).
Actually less than you would expect.
When you start loading a sheet it will start heating up at the same time. Cooling down you don't even need to wait for in the first place.

parrott

We have had our Digitech a little over 2 months and could not be happier. The whole experience has been incredible....from install, to service to follow up visits. This company really takes care of its customers and makes you feel like part of a family.

We have not had 1 single error/flaw/etc since the day it was installed. I would imagine we are well over 100k square feet with no lost prints....that is insane. I can’t wait to see how our bottom line looks after a year of running this smooth.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Colex is a solid machine and support is really good. We have the 5x10 bed and its perfect for our shop. We do loads of roll media on it as well as rigid. We don't have the conveyor belt on it because of routing and such.

parrott

Colex is a solid machine and support is really good. We have the 5x10 bed and its perfect for our shop. We do loads of roll media on it as well as rigid. We don't have the conveyor belt on it because of routing and such.

i would second this. We have the same setup. Great machine that does everything we need. Service is great as well.