• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi alternatives for Wide Format Printing and Contour Cutting

bohica1981

Ok. Here's the Deal. We have a Mutoh Junior Wide Format Printer and a 50 inch Panther plotter. We are trading in the panther for a graphtec for its ease of contour cutting. The software that sign warehouse gave us to use is Flexi-Pro 7.5. We did not want or ask for a complete sign making program. We have used corel programs for 15 years. Before we upgraded to the mutoh we were using a roland pc-600 and printing/cutting directly from coreldraw 9.

My Point is,
1. Are there any plug-ins out there that can cut and print directly from corel? (like cocut but printing also)
2. Are there any programs that do not require a dongle? (they suck over a network)
3. Which programs do you recommend and why?

The main thing is, if you are a corel or adobe user you pretty much know that flexi sucks and any alternatives would be much appreciated!!!

jayhawksigns

Onyx or Wasatch are two I can think of, and I believe that both of them have a contour cutting feature as well.

We currently use the dreaded Flexi, its all in opinion on what you like to use. I have used Onyx in the past with our old Colorspan with good results, and we are looking at switching over our print workflow to Onyx rather than Flexi anyways.

Techman

Cocut has a RIP called Pjannto RIP.. its very good,
go get the demo and see for yourself..

tech

ChiknNutz

Hey Techman, seems like the Pjannto RIP used to come with CoCut Pro, but the later updates don't seem to include it. I never used it but remember it being part of the install. Any ideas?