• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi compatibility issue...16 bit vs 64 bit

netsol

I installed the driver...shut down...installed usb...restarted the pc...in that order...thanx!
IF YOU THINK the driver did not load right, for any reason, you can download a free program, USB OBLIVION
it completely clears usb history
you will reload EVERYTHING including your mouse and keyboard
it might be helpful

netsol

you can use something as simple as vmplayer to run a single virtual machine
think of it like the way mac users ran parallels to run windows on a mac before they had intel processors

WildWestDesigns

you can use something as simple as vmplayer to run a single virtual machine
think of it like the way mac users ran parallels to run windows on a mac before they had intel processors
Parallels, if I remember came after the switch to Intel and it's VM software, is not emulation software. Emulation software can do both, the opposite is not true. VMs need to have the same arch as the host computer. Why M series based Parallels keeps on talking about Windows on Arm VMs and not x86_64 Windows.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Win 10 (and I would presume later) have Hyper-V built in? Just have to enable it. The biggest downside is which OSs are supported as guests. I rarely see commercial products offer support for anything older than XP directly (could always run a VM within a VM). Keep in mind, while running a VM, the computer needs to have the resources to support 2 computers. How much or little resources the rig has is going to directly contribute to how good of an experience you have. Emulation, since it's all software based and no hardware acceleration, sucks even more regardless of how good the hosts resources are.

netsol

Parallels, if I remember came after the switch to Intel and it's VM software, is not emulation software. Emulation software can do both, the opposite is not true. VMs need to have the same arch as the host computer. Why M series based Parallels keeps on talking about Windows on Arm VMs and not x86_64 Windows.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Win 10 (and I would presume later) have Hyper-V built in? Just have to enable it. The biggest downside is which OSs are supported as guests. I rarely see commercial products offer support for anything older than XP directly (could always run a VM within a VM). Keep in mind, while running a VM, the computer needs to have the resources to support 2 computers. How much or little resources the rig has is going to directly contribute to how good of an experience you have. Emulation, since it's all software based and no hardware acceleration, sucks even more regardless of how good the hosts resources are.
yes, it has hyper-v if your processor supports it

okeesignguy

You lost me at "Parallels" LOL...sorry but thank you :)

netsol

there are numerous articles on how to turn a pc into a vm (basically a program that PRETENDS to be a physical computer that can
run your program from an incompatible modern machine.

i will find a simple step by step that shows what you need to do WITHOUT going off on a tangent (we tend to do that sometimes)

d fleming

The 9x era of Windows was a hybrid 16 and 32 bit systems. Now, the tricky thing is it really 32 bit all the way or is it 32 bit with a 16 bit installation stub or is it totally 16bit. The odds go down the further right we go. I do believe (although I can't remember the name of it right off hand) there is an open source project to put in that 16bit layer on a 64 bit system. 32bit systems still had it, but not in 64 bit systems by default. Need something that puts that back in there.

Compatibility mode really won't help if we are dealing with an issue with 16bit.

Other option may be to VM an old 9x up to XP 32bit system and do it that way.

For me, it was a new fountain pen nibs. Ironically as much as I really do like the tech and writing tools for my tech, it seem like I'm also drifting back to luddite status. Getting out the Ames and french curves.
Yes indeed, nibs I used with brushes in the caveman days to do weekly fashion ads. My handwriting is atrocious but for some reason I could lter something just fine. What would the youngins do today if they had to concentrate on each letter one at a time? lol