• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi looks grainy on screen...

zoiko

I had typed a detailed question but the post didn't make it...

Ok i am using my buddy's laptop with flexi 7.6 for an event and i noticed that the artwork on the screen is not very fine...(lines are jagged) but it cuts good and straight....it does it on his shop set-up also and it is a original copy with dongle key and everything....he says it has always been like that ...i think its annoying.

resqfiremedic

I would bet its mainly the fonts. There is an option for font smoothing that makes everything look crips on the screen but you can see the cut lines will be off a bit because your dealing with pixels on screen vs vector or point to point.

zoiko

it does it with everything Fonts,artwork even when i import artwork from corel or illy....so this means that you go out and buy a good high rez monitor and put up with this???? i'm not trying to pick on flexi but was looking into buying it for my mac but not anymore.

PMG

Try this in Edit /Preferences

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 79
D

DARLAK

yes, i agree, don't buy flexi,

the free cracked version your using on your old laptop with a crappy screen and crappy video card should stop you from 'buying' a legal version for your maccrap

resqfiremedic

hmmm actually looks like they changed that option in 8.5 because I dont see it under font options anymore. Also mine dont really look grainy either like I remember in 7.6

edited.... Ok thats where it is now in 8.5 where pmg is showing. It looks crisp on the screen with that screen smoothing checked!

zoiko

I didn't find it either. Next week i'm going to signmart and see flexi 8.5....i was not going to buy flexi 8.5 alone ...i was going to buy 8.5 with my new roland xc 540 in a couple of months.

Matthew Scher

Flexi 7 has an option to smooth text (edit>prefereces>tools>text), but in Flexi 8 and up we now have an option to smooth everything (edit>preferences>general)

On most systems there is no performance hit, but we did find a few cases where you can see a big slow down. The option defaults to on in Flexi 8, and the special cases that have caused a slow down have been fixed in 8.5.