• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi production manager AWOL... and L25500 is not shown among choices

iSign

On top of the worst trouble ever with a printer, after 13 attempts to get my HP L25500 to start up today (3rd time in a week, that I lost an entire day of production not being able to get past 14:06 errors)...
but finally the printer booted up, & I went to Flexi 10, which has been working like a champ the last year or two... but to add insult to injury, 90 minutes of flipping switches to get the damn HP running, and when I send my file, I get pop ups: "production manager not responding" and next, something like "number not compatible to key" or some such hogwash...

3 restarts of the computer later, and I've about given up ever salvaging my previously functional setup...

I hate to think I'll lose the cut files for 4 print jobs that are laminated & ready, because the way the printer has been acting, that's like 8 hours of work, including half of them being printed twice, because my 50 errors this week, most are sequential attempts to even turn the POS on, but then, they also include errors occurring, inches away from completing a print...

...but even if i do have to go through the dang set up of my HP printer, AND 2 cutters, with all sorts of confusion I'm sure to encounter based on me not being an expert in keeping track of, or figuring out what ports to choose... even with my being willing to face those details, AND the probable loss of my cut files....

I can't even figure out how to "choose" my L25500, because it isn't in the list of printers :banghead:

do I need to somehow get the original Flexi disc involved? (or HP disc?)

or better yet, any ideas hot to get back my fully functional setup from yesterday (& the rest of the last year or two)?
I already tried a system restore to yesterday when it was fine, but that didn't work...

anyone think that pop-up today from MalwareBytes updating itself can be to blame?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't know what to say Doug, you are having the worst luck ever.
You didn't go up and touch that lava flow did you?
Sounds like you might need to reload the printer driver into flexi so it can see it again.
I looked on the SAi site and the drivers seem to be well hidden from view.
I did find this post from you - maybe it will jog your memory on where you put the latex driver - password deal you had to download earlier this year.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-117115.html

Hope you figure this thing out.

wayne k
guam usa

Techman

yes, maleware bytes just added some kind of POS blocker in an update.. i had to deinstall it on my machine.
Dont know if it is your challenge,, but i would not be surprised

FYI.. always avoid doing a restore ,, as a last resort,, and only if it is a system file error..

iSign

Thanks guys

Wayne, I knew I discussed this issue here before, but my searches got me to some Flexi/Mimaki crisis conversation... but not this one, so thanks for finding it!

"Touch lava"? I'm about ready to swan dive into it!!

FrankW

I suggest to save settings in the preferences manager (you will find it in the Flexi-program-menu in the windows start menu). So they can be recovered in seconds when problems appearing.

For some releases, the latex-drivers are optional. So it could be that you have a separate option installation password for the latex drivers. Check in the installation manager if there is still an option password set. If not, set it again. If you don't find any option password, ask your Flexi Dealer (or you could ask me with sending me your dongle number by PM).

If you have so much error messages on the printer, I would call a service technician.

iSign

Frank,
Thanks for replying

I've been in contact with techs every day for a week. The guy will be coming back next week, but he's been here like 10 times... I think my printer is a messed up mistake, & since it has always been the worst machine I ever owned (despite the beautiful prints when it finally wants to work) The service tech has been out 4 times already, just since early summer... and they somehow don't seem to get it that I got ripped off & deserve a machine that works properly. I resent the $2500 a year for an extended service contract since they've never got it working reliably for 3 years... but that's another topic for another day..

Looks like you might be online right now, so I will PM my key number in a minute.
I'd love to have this resolved (the software) by tomorrow, as I've literally been sick to my stomach with how much stress I've been under today...

iSign

ok, after clicking on the install manager, just to have a look, then clicking around the "about flexi" & getting some screen shots of the build number & password etc...

...I went back to where L65500 was the only printer choice starting with L, and surprisingly, after 3 earlier attempts with no L25500... it was there, so I got Flexi running again...

...and now, at nearly 1 am... I have just restarted 5 times, to the same insane 14:06 error...

totally in a sledge hammering rage right now...

..but containing it, because i can't afford not to... :banghead:

ANYONE KNOW IF MY CUT FILES ARE MOST LIKELY LOST FOR GOOD, OR COULD THEY BE IN SOME DIRECTORY SOMEWHERE?

iSign

Anyone know if my cut files are most likely lost for good, or could they be in some directory somewhere?

Snydo

Anyone know if my cut files are most likely lost for good, or could they be in some directory somewhere?

Look inside the 'Jobs' folder in your flexi directory. That is where Flexi 8.x put them at least.

Also I would suggest that you ask HP to send a different technician, perhaps one that knows how to troubleshoot and repair your printer.