• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi question

Nomad57

Yes, I am new to this. I have Flexi Sign Pro. Here is what I am trying to do. Basic word lettering that I want to cut out on vinyl. I am trying to cut out in one color, but would like to cut out another of the exact same word in a different color so it looks like a border shadow around it.

The background word would be approx. 1/8 around. Basically, one decal ontop of another. If I just enlarge it, Flexi does not take into account the size, so a o would only be bigger but not the inner circle area.

I doubt this makes any sense. Nomd 57

Graphics2u

use the outline tool and be sure to make it with a solid backing on the outline otherwise it will just cut the thin outline around the lettering, and that's a pain to line up if not impossible.

Doug Pulver

Flexisign is a fairly easy program to earn. I just started learning it also. Mark Rugan has some video tutorials that helped me get started. Check them out at givemehelp.com

you can add registration marks to help line up the two colors. You find them at the end of the shapes flyout menu. When you make the letters one color and the border another, in the production manager you turn one color off, cut, load the second color and turn the first color off and the second color on and cut it.

Try practicing on contact shelf paper, it's cheap and cuts just like sign vinyl. Practice practice practice.

Nomad57

Flexi help question.

Thanks Doug for the help. I'll have to try it later tonight. I want to cut out in gold leaf and lay over a burgandy color for contrast. If I use the burgandy color as the bottom layer, I can set this up so just cuts the outline of the letters including the inner circle of an o.... correct?

Nomad 57

Gary

Doug Pulver

I hope I'm reading this correctly in that you want gold letters with a burgandy outline, and your answer is yes, you can cut the outline to fill the holes in the O's, P's and R's. Set the thickness of the outline just thick enough to cover the centers. Cut the letters first, then set the outline, apply it (click on the green check) and then cut the outline. I just tried it and found out if you use registration marks for the letters when you apply the outline the regisrtation marks go away in the production manager. If you just click on the registration marks to highlight them (don't move them) they will showup in the production manager and cut with the outline. I hope this helps.

cgsigns_jamie

If you want the inside of the "O" and "P" to be solid be sure to select the "Contour" outline in design central. This is different than a "Contour Cut", contour cuts are used when cutting printed graphics.

So...
Effects Menu > Outline
Then in Design Central set your thickness, outline type (contour, outline, inline), and make sure the solid outline choice is selected (it's the black and red box button thinggy)