• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi swatch error

rzr2rocket

I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista and I just bought FlexiDesigner 8 all about 2 months ago. Everything has been working fine up until 3 days ago. For whatever reason an error will pop up when I hit the button to show my swatch panel. It says...

"An unknown failure has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application"

Then when I hit the "ok" button the whole flexi program will close.

I have restarted the computer and reopened Flexi, but the same error appears.

Is there a button I hit? Can anyone help me with this?

encadtech

I have seen Flexi get confused w/ swatches and tool settings - From the start menu - go to Preference Manager. Load the factory defaults and this should fix your issue. You will need to setup your tool bars and preferences when you get done. After you re-arrange your tools again - save this preference so that you can revert to it in the future if need be.

Designer Wraps

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! Did a quick search on this topic (after pulling out my hair for an hour) and found this old post. It worked!!

CS-SignSupply

Congrats on using the Search function here!

As for Flexi, preference files do get corrupted every once in a while... Not the only program to do so either.

Sign to Go

Default Swatch

And keep a file copy of a known favorite swatch table that can be copied to the swatch table in case the current working default swatch gets somehow mysteriously hosed.

Jim

pure_media

hahahaha i just came back from an install and i hopped onto 101 here and read this post. I thought i'd go through and figure out the steps stated above incase I would ever need to do it....so i click on my Flexi bar at the bottom of my screen and up it pops saying.... "An unknown failure has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application"
I got a kick outta that....FlexiFAIL.

Almost time to call it a week! Everyone have a great weekend!