• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi? why would they design it to do this?

gabagoo

I have now run Flexi Photoprint for 7 years. I have for some time wanted to switch out to a more standard way of printing and cutting, but as I get older, my want to learn new things, while juggling customers ever increasing demands and the possibility of having to deal with every aspect of each file and the colour changes..etc is too much for me to even think about....so I stay with this Photoprint software. The software is strictly print and cut only, and you can't use it to cut vinyl graphics only.

That's fine with me as I run Signlab 8 with a different cutter (Graphtec) for all my cut only files...

Flexi in this format is fine as long as I do 90% of my setup in Signlab and then export it down as an eps file and do the final changes in Flexi.

My issue with the software is not so much the software's designing aspect, but the defaults.... if there is a way to permanently change it that would be great, but I have not seemed to find a way...OK so here is what happens about every 3,4 or 5 weeks...sometimes I have even gone as long as 6 months...but for some reason the computer will not load the drivers for Flexi and this box opens wanting to know what printer I have and what cutter. Takes a minute to fix and not a big issue. the issue is that when it reloads the drivers for the Summa cutter...Every file I have waiting to be cut has changed one very important piece of info. The default changes the cut file to delete after cutting.

This is a very dangerous option in my world and can cause incredible tantrums. Once the drivers are reloaded I have to go through each file manually and change the delete to hold. I can't seem to find a way to tell the software to hold everything until I manually delete it. I can instruct it to hold all new files coming in, but not to deal with the existing files.
If there is a way to do this I would love to know.

This might be a good question for Steph. She might be able to find the answer out for you. I believe you can save your default job props. at the top of production manager. When you go to save it asks you which tabs you would like to save for this setup. I believe if you have the box for workflow checked and you have it changed under the workflow tab it should save that setting for that default.

gabagoo

This might be a good question for Steph. She might be able to find the answer out for you. I believe you can save your default job props. at the top of production manager. When you go to save it asks you which tabs you would like to save for this setup. I believe if you have the box for workflow checked and you have it changed under the workflow tab it should save that setting for that default.

I know that once I reload the driver I can make the change so that all new files coming in are set to hold...It's all the previous files are changed from hold to delete, and if your not careful you can lose the file if for whatever reason you have to resend to the cutter for any number of reasons

thewvsignguy

We have an older 7.6 pro version only for cutting only and it does the same thing every few months.

We just re-load the cutter in PM and it's back in business and it remembers what the old setting were.

:help

Why I don't know, I'm the only one who can apply updates to the computer systems or anti-virus and nothing else should be running on that computer.

Curious myself.....

Knock on wood, our Flexi 10 system with our print and cut set up has never done that. It would be extremely frustrating if it ever did.

Mine hold, Here is what I did.

Production manager > Double Click > Go to tab in image below> Change drop down bar to hold after output.
attachment.php

gabagoo

Mine hold, Here is what I did.

Production manager > Double Click > Go to tab in image below> Change drop down bar to hold after output.
attachment.php

YES!! Correct, but it won't change the current jobs in the prod manager to hold...you must do each one manually if you even catch it. I just would like to know why it can't load the drivers?

YES!! Correct, but it won't change the current jobs in the prod manager to hold...you must do each one manually if you even catch it. I just would like to know why it can't load the drivers?

I reread briefly your post again to see if I missed anything but I don't have to worry about new jobs not holding.

My routine is Design in Illustrator > Import Flexi > Send Contour cut/cut/print > Send job and nothing more. Upon completion of contour cut it holds my files until I manually Delete them which I do once a month. If the job is "specific" I'll save the flexi file its self into the job folder to ensure nothing changes.

Let me know if that is what you are wanting but cannot achieve currently.

Reading comprehension is not my friend sometimes :banghead: as it is one of my main flaws.

J Hill Designs

I reread briefly your post again to see if I missed anything but I don't have to worry about new jobs not holding.

My routine is Design in Illustrator > Import Flexi > Send Contour cut/cut/print > Send job and nothing more. Upon completion of contour cut it holds my files until I manually Delete them which I do once a month. If the job is "specific" I'll save the flexi file its self into the job folder to ensure nothing changes.

Reading comprehension is not my friend sometimes :banghead: as it is one of my main flaws.

when re-adding his cutter, all of the OLD jobs already in prod manager default back to 'delete upon send'

gabagoo

Y

Yes this is what I do also.... If your drivers don't load when starting up the software, you have to manually instruct the computer what printer and cutter you have...then it proceeds to load the drivers.... My issue is that 1) it changes the default to delete all cut jobs, which is an easy fix for all new jobs coming down the line....and...
2) it changes all the current cut jobs in que to delete after cutting, whereas they were set to hold before the driver issue. Then you must go through each file one at a time to manually change them to hold... That's it...quite simple until you forget to make the change and a very important cut file goes bye bye if there are any issues during cutting or setting up the cut.

LittleSnakey

Right click on the cutter in product manager, mine says S140D
Then set default properties to hold. Mine always stays and I have never had to set it again unless I delete that machine or reload a new version. I also have it set to hold the print on my printer.

Yes this is what I do also.... If your drivers don't load when starting up the software, you have to manually instruct the computer what printer and cutter you have...then it proceeds to load the drivers.... My issue is that 1) it changes the default to delete all cut jobs, which is an easy fix for all new jobs coming down the line....and...
2) it changes all the current cut jobs in que to delete after cutting, whereas they were set to hold before the driver issue. Then you must go through each file one at a time to manually change them to hold... That's it...quite simple until you forget to make the change and a very important cut file goes bye bye if there are any issues during cutting or setting up the cut.

How do you have a cut file in the que if there is no cutter installed?

gabagoo

Right click on the cutter in product manager, mine says S140D
Then set default properties to hold. Mine always stays and I have never had to set it again unless I delete that machine or reload a new version. I also have it set to hold the print on my printer.

Nice to know someone has the same cutter as me...and yes I know about right clicking in the default options... I guess I should be asking you if running Flexi, if you ever get the window that opens and you have to re input which printer and cutter you have. That is when the problem occurs.

Steph_Stamm

Hey gabagoo - What version are you running? Also, you mention your product as Flexi PhotoPRINT, which could potentially be a few different products. Flexi, PhotoPRINT or maybe a special edition by Mutoh or something. If you can, PM me your User ID number so I can take a look.

gabagoo

Hey gabagoo - What version are you running? Also, you mention your product as Flexi PhotoPRINT, which could potentially be a few different products. Flexi, PhotoPRINT or maybe a special edition by Mutoh or something. If you can, PM me your User ID number so I can take a look.

no idea where I would find the user ID software is 7 years old.

Steph_Stamm

To find your User ID, open Flexi and go to Help > About. You can also see it on your hardkey plugged into your computer, if you're using one vs a softkey.