• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

!%#@*&*@ Flexi

Slobberjaw

This d*mn program is driving me nuts...

The latest...It all of a sudden just stopped being able to open EPS files...WTF?????

And naturally, it is when I need it to the most...

I've done a system restore, yadda, yadda....no avail...

8.5v2...on Vista...worked "Fine" until today...then nothing with EPS files....

thanks in advance for help...:banghead:

CS-SignSupply

Any and all EPS files? Could they be done from CS4?

Reset preferences to default and reboot.

Also need to update to 8.6 with service pack asap.

PM me to get email addy to send me one of the EPS files to import and I will take a look to see if I can help in any way.

Slobberjaw

Sent you an email....

for all others reading...

-ALL EPS files are doing this, even ones I opened less than a day or 2 ago.
-Took a couple of files that won't open in Flexi, and opened them in CS3 on my mac...no problem...go figure.

Damn it.

Slobberjaw

Also, Noticed that when I "open File" inside the file menu in flexi, that in the drop down "file Types" there isn't even a freakin .EPS or Adobe anything listed....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Also, Noticed that when I "open File" inside the file menu in flexi, that in the drop down "file Types" there isn't even a freakin .EPS or Adobe anything listed....

Something happened to your EPS import filter. See if Flexi lets you just re-install that selected piece or, failing that, re-install the whole package.

iSign

no worries... see ya back here in 8 months when it's worth your time again to log in and freak out about something... and you won't be surprised if we aren't really excited about your participation either

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Speaking for myself and the tens of thousands of other Flexi users who have not had this problem, I would suggest that your problem rests with something you installed lately or some site you visited lately or some email you received lately that caused your problem. It's a shame that Flexi ends up taking the blame for something that was not their doing and beyond their control.

iSign

what's up tartgirl, am I your new whipping boy?
how about you find someone else to irritate ok? Merry Christmas :peace!:

I know you constantly rave about this site, but you never seem to give much consideration to forum sponsors. Since you aren't paying anything to be here, you might want appreciate the fact that we have sponsors!

Folks who have no use for Signs101 for 8 months after they join, but come on here blasting and blaming our sponsors are doing nothing to contribute, and cause more harm than good. "pardon me for not being really excited" :omg:

THATgirl

whip it, whip it good

ya know whippin boy, I have sat here and pondered many times just what it is that makes you so damn hot. It's gotta be that 'contributing member' status you have goin on. That must give you the automatic right to be able to swear on the chit chat section and 'pretend' you thought it was the NHB section. It also must give you the right to jump on everyone who hasn't paid up. Oh and your constant cute euphemisms make me hot too. Last time I looked whippin boy, you weren't the moderator. But yes it's oh so satisfying to pretend isn't it?

Well I am off to order my whips. You into muzzles too? I am really more into MEN who know when to shut the hell up.

love, tartgirl

Slobberjaw

no worries... see ya back here in 8 months when it's worth your time again to log in and freak out about something... and you won't be surprised if we aren't really excited about your participation either

Speaking for myself and the tens of thousands of other Flexi users who have not had this problem, I would suggest that your problem rests with something you installed lately or some site you visited lately or some email you received lately that caused your problem. It's a shame that Flexi ends up taking the blame for something that was not their doing and beyond their control.

So, let's review. I come on the site, introduce myself, and have a few people from here that I talk to....then, within the last 8 months, I spend my time trying to learn, read, and practice...basically keeping my mouth shut until I have something useful to contribute...which up to this point hasn't been much...why? Because I use the search function and find the solutions to my problems...and, because I don't want to dilute the searches members do do with reposts and insignificant crap.

During the past 8 months, I have had major issues with Flexi doing very odd things...almost every time I use it. (I suggest you both go and use the search function to see how buggy Flexi seems to be)...I've called their support line, blah, blah, blah. I realize that the problem may not have rested entirely within flexi itself, but it sure wasn't helping matters. Was I happy about the whole thing..uh, no...would you be?? but in hind site, it was probably inappropriate..just a manifestation of my complete frustration at the time...so sorry again.

oh, and about the last 8 months....My 3 year old has been in and out of the hospital, near death...my father was killed in a car accident...my mother died of cancer...my male great dane died...I got audited...so EXCUSE THE F*CK out of me if I wasn't the model site member such as the 2 of you.

BTW, if any of you care to know, I was a paying member, as much as I could at the time, but the year got a tiny bit busy just after...SO DO NOT TELL ME I WASN'T CONTRIBUTING...

for all others that decided to PM me to help, I really appreciate it, hopefully I can return the favor....(oh, and one of the members who was helping is a sponsor of the site...and guess what, I am buying some supplies from him now).....

Slobberjaw

Oh, and going back to re-read my opening post...I feel in no way I slammed the software, but rather insinuated that it hasn't exactly been the best I've ever used....

Maybe you two should go bash on all the other people posting problems with flexi as well...?? I dunno...

And forgive me, but I really try hard to support the forums I go to...and I moderate a few of them because of it...so to see the negative posting/bashing above without the posters knowing what exactly has been going on is unacceptable...and surely not what the general public of SIGN101.com wishes to see....

Happy holidays all.

Slobberjaw

Oh, and just so neither of you call me on it...yeah, the thread title itself is probably not the best either.... as bad as the "FLEXI SUCKS" thread...with no comments from either of you in it...should I go warn the OP of that thread that he's not being the model member?

okay, I'm done...I'm getting off of my horse. :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Originally Posted by Fred Weiss

So, let's review. I come on the site, introduce myself, and have a few people from here that I talk to....then, within the last 8 months, I spend my time trying to learn, read, and practice...basically keeping my mouth shut until I have something useful to contribute...which up to this point hasn't been much...why? Because I use the search function and find the solutions to my problems...and, because I don't want to dilute the searches members do do with reposts and insignificant crap.

During the past 8 months, I have had major issues with Flexi doing very odd things...almost every time I use it. (I suggest you both go and use the search function to see how buggy Flexi seems to be)...I've called their support line, blah, blah, blah. I realize that the problem may not have rested entirely within flexi itself, but it sure wasn't helping matters. Was I happy about the whole thing..uh, no...would you be?? but in hind site, it was probably inappropriate..just a manifestation of my complete frustration at the time...so sorry again.

oh, and about the last 8 months....My 3 year old has been in and out of the hospital, near death...my father was killed in a car accident...my mother died of cancer...my male great dane died...I got audited...so EXCUSE THE F*CK out of me if I wasn't the model site member such as the 2 of you.

BTW, if any of you care to know, I was a paying member, as much as I could at the time, but the year got a tiny bit busy just after...SO DO NOT TELL ME I WASN'T CONTRIBUTING...

for all others that decided to PM me to help, I really appreciate it, hopefully I can return the favor....(oh, and one of the members who was helping is a sponsor of the site...and guess what, I am buying some supplies from him now).....

If you are reading my comment as a slam or a putdown then you are not reading it as intended. I've had problems like yours, but had nothing to do with Flexi, but which are usually related to the last utility program I loaded to see what it would do and it overwrote a needed file by another program causing that program to work improperly.

From my perspective, and from the title of your thread, you seem to me to be blaming Flexi for problems they most likely had nothing to do with. By pointing that out, I made no judgment of your site contributions and certainly had no knowledge of your personal problems.

iSign

Yep, had to uninstall, reinstall, now everything works....pardon me for not being really excited...:)
sorry, I didn't recognize the appreciation in this post. Somewhere in the 10 hours since your post last night, I guess you figured it all out... but since you hadn't posted that minute detail, someone came on trying to help you... your reply appeared about as unappreciative as the rest of this thread, so what can I say that I haven't already said.. pardon me for not being really excited.. :wink:

BTW, at this point I wish I had said nothing. Also, if you wish you hadn't used the hardships of you and your family, to bail yourself out of this insignificant little drama on the internet... feel free to use the edit button, & I'll spare you the embarrassment of quoting you stooping to that laundry list of personal pain. I wish you well with the family. I agree with one thing though F*CK worrying about Flexi with genuine concerns like those in your life.