• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

!%#@*&*@ Flexi

THATgirl

here bend over and let me be the first to kiss your pompous ass isign. Just because you don't have one iota of common sense or compassion doesn't mean others don't. why don't you shut the you know what up (again)

sarge

hey slobber i enjoyed this thread .. i dont use flexi but i was going to ask if you had updated adobe? .. just cuz when i did that my corel and photoshop started acting up .. i still have yet to get photoshop to work . i ended up reformating my hdd .. dont let that island person crawl under you skin, he is a pos at times just ignore him .. i have yet to see anything worth while come out of him .. i think he must be like one of those little guys with a big truck, keyboard and pop bottle glasses

Slobberjaw

sorry, I didn't recognize the appreciation in this post. Somewhere in the 10 hours since your post last night, I guess you figured it all out... but since you hadn't posted that minute detail, someone came on trying to help you... your reply appeared about as unappreciative as the rest of this thread, so what can I say that I haven't already said.. pardon me for not being really excited.. :wink:

BTW, at this point I wish I had said nothing. Also, if you wish you hadn't used the hardships of you and your family, to bail yourself out of this insignificant little drama on the internet... feel free to use the edit button, & I'll spare you the embarrassment of quoting you stooping to that laundry list of personal pain. I wish you well with the family. I agree with one thing though F*CK worrying about Flexi with genuine concerns like those in your life.

yeah okay. No need for me to edit, that was the reason. And, regardless of the reasons, there is no excuse for you, or anyone for that matter, to start off a reply to a thread with absolutely no information to help or a PM to that person to politely tell them that they may want to handle the issue a different way.

Next time, I will be sure to update the thread with every single detail of the process in which I worked through the problem....

And, as I said, I am in no way perfect which would include my activity on this site. I did take a step back, looked at the thread, and criticized myself for the tone and approach, and then apologized. Apparently this isn't enough for you, but then nothing may be. So, in closing, PLEASE accept my direct apology to you for making you waste your time defending the the site against members that post to threads with no useful content or help...oh wait.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Slobberjaw

hey slobber i enjoyed this thread .. i dont use flexi but i was going to ask if you had updated adobe? .. just cuz when i did that my corel and photoshop started acting up .. i still have yet to get photoshop to work . i ended up reformating my hdd .. dont let that island person crawl under you skin, he is a pos at times just ignore him .. i have yet to see anything worth while come out of him .. i think he must be like one of those little guys with a big truck, keyboard and pop bottle glasses

Hey,

I don't have the CS3 Suite on my PC. It's on my Mac. I am sure it was a combination of something that into my PC and the fact that at least my version of Flexi seems to be ill ( as a side note, my PC is built way overkill so I don't think it is part of the issue...though it may be Vista). I never have crashes with Adobe on my mac...which brings me to a thought I may need to investigate...how stable is the version of Flexi on a Mac?

I do need to update my very first post, because I have since done 5 wraps with much success...

thanks for the insight on mr.perfect. :notworthy:

kev3232

Good golly, i know i can be an a-hole, but i think island guy takes the cake!!

When it comes to programs issues: reboot or reinstall. Always does the trick!

sarge

years ago i some reports using the mac platform while in collage and that was the my biggest experince with a mac .. so i am not versed with it at all .. i wish you well with your problems .. i do find most of my problems is caused by self medicating .. and i try to undo what i did do .. hagd ===> jack out

skyhigh

I agree with one thing though F*CK worrying about Flexi with genuine concerns like those in your life.

When (indirectly) Flexi is the program that you use to pay the bills, I would consider it a "genuine" concern (although I don't think Flexi is what caused your problem)

I've got broad shoulders, so let me step in front of the itrain. I'm sure Doug will give me a good tongue lashing also, but here goes....

Doug....SHUT THE HELL UP!! Too much drama dude.
(go back to bashing "thatgirl"....thats some funny stuff) LOL

:ROFLMAO: luv ya too Doug.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This might just be me or too simple for someone else to overlook but....
Once in a while Flexi(7.6) would not open a new eps file or stop opening eps files that had opened fine before.
What I failed to notice (more than once) is that I had the "file type" set to the wrong flavour of eps and Flexi was not smart enough to switch to the correct filter. The "Illustrator" eps filter would not open some of the "Postscript" eps files even if they came out of Illustrator. Flexi remembers the last type used and does not reset back to the default between sessions.
Switching to the other type or "All Readable" , along with a good morning cup of coffee to wake up and pay attention would fix the problem (most times).

wayne k
guam usa

skyhigh

Good thinking GAC05. I've encountered that myself. :thumb:

"along with a good morning cup of coffee to wake up and pay attention would fix the problem"

So true. :ROFLMAO:

Slobberjaw

Yeah, I tried switching to all readable, and when doing so, I got the "file type not supported"...And as I said before, this really isn't THE issue with the software...even if it is not the software's fault in this instance, I have had stupid little things happen the entire time I have had it...but you know, opinions aside, it does what I need it to do I just have to make sure I treat it nice...

BTW, Isign and I got everything straightened out..I think he is well intentioned from a site perspective, just may be a little harsh...no biggie.

:)

CS-SignSupply

Slobberjaw,

Be sure to get the USB dongle and updated installation DVD for 8.6sp1. The combination of these two should help stabilize the program even more. Not saying anything is wrong with it so no one hit me over the head.

iSign

Thank SJ, for what it's worth when I upgraded to Flexi 8.5, I had a similar problem, except when importing .ai files, it totally locked up Flexi. Not sure why, but the uninstall-reinstall took care of mine too. But you already solved it by the time I saw you post. Hope it keeps working... for all of us.

Border

I'll have to agree that this seemed like an unwarranted tongue lashing and the OP had every right to defend himself the way he did.

Why hijack a thread with a bunch of dramatic crap when you could just as easily ignore it. Sure, the thread title sounds like a Flexi bashing a little but he didn't come on an tell everyone to NOT buy Flexi. He was frustrated for a good many reasons and tried to explain that and then ya bashed him for that too... Pretty cold when ya could've made your same point without all the harshness.

My 2 cents.

Matthew Scher

If you continue to have any odd issues with Flexi after uninstall and reinstall as suggested above, please contact me and I will do my best to narrow down the cause of this issue. I agree with Fred that something must have been installed or changed on this system to cause Flexi to stop doing what worked perfectly a few days ago. One other thing to check is to use the System Restore tool to revert the PC back to the state it was in when everything was working well. This will uninstall any updates that could have caused a conflict and should get you back up and running again.

iSign

well, I only logged on to post a link for SJ, from the SAI rep, who recently invited an and all of us to contact him for a link to a 8.6v that should improve some 8.5 issues.. so let's get that out of the way first... the LINK

To BP, I confess, I'm not perfect, so any attempt to digout of this hole surely won't be worth the effort, so I'm not really going to try to, but I will say if post 7 qualify's in your mind as a tongue lashing, no wonder I'm such an ass... it look's pretty F'n innocent really by my standards :rolleyes:

Slobberjaw

If you continue to have any odd issues with Flexi after uninstall and reinstall as suggested above, please contact me and I will do my best to narrow down the cause of this issue. I agree with Fred that something must have been installed or changed on this system to cause Flexi to stop doing what worked perfectly a few days ago. One other thing to check is to use the System Restore tool to revert the PC back to the state it was in when everything was working well. This will uninstall any updates that could have caused a conflict and should get you back up and running again.

I performed a system restore, and no change. I also restored to another restore point and had no change either. Does the USB Dongle and 8.6 do that much? if so, why? Thanks for the offer to help.

Matthew Scher

Switching to the USB dongle (from softkey) has no impact on EPS import, but it is definitely worth getting the 8.6 update. I will send you a private message with the link to download it.

Border

I was really referring more to post # 20, or the combination of the posts. Post 7 wasn't so bad by itself but the second part of #20 could've, and should've probably been left out altogether. IMO he had every right to bring up the laundry list of crap he's been dealing with lately. It sheds some light on why his original post may have sounded so frustrated.

signage

I do not believe that Flexi 7.6 is Vista compatible! It may work but I do not think they recommend it!

SignsOfMaine

A fix I've often had to use with incompatible EPS files is this:

Rename to .ps
Double click and let acrobat distiller distill it into a PDF
Open PDF in illy (may not always be necessary)
Save as a PDF or older EPS that you know flexi likes.

This is especially useful to me because my illy is CS1 I think, and this lets me get CS2 and CS3 files to open.