• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiPrint Sends Job, Printer Doesn't Print

shepherddesigns

New issue just started. FlexiPrint version 12 w/ HP Latex 315. When I send a job, it processes through RIP and Output just like it normally does, but the printer never prints anything. I went through HP tech support and they could not find any problems. The printer is accessible through the IP address via chrome. Flexi polls the media width like normal and asks if I want to save the new size as default. When I called to talk to SAi, they basically told me to pound sand that they are no longer offering support unless you have the latest software with an active subscription.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the port settings. Flexi tends to default back to "FILE:" instead of the proper port which in your case will be TCP/IP. I've seen that happen a million times.

OutrageGIS

When this happens on our HP 315 w/flexi (version 19 but I had to do this with older versions) I add a new print queue and copy the jobs over. This automatically delets the old queue since HP factory editions (unsupported by flexi) can only have one queue at a time. Sometimes I have to do this weekly

shepherddesigns

Check the port settings. Flexi tends to default back to "FILE:" instead of the proper port which in your case will be TCP/IP. I've seen that happen a million times.

Attachments

• Flexi 1.JPG
    Flexi 1.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 138

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Well that rules that out. My next step would be trying to print from another computer. If that doesn't work, it would indicate a printer issue. If it does work it indicates a computer or other hardware issue.

shepherddesigns

Well that rules that out. My next step would be trying to print from another computer. If that doesn't work, it would indicate a printer issue. If it does work it indicates a computer or other hardware issue.
Unfortunately, no other computer to try it on. I guess I'll try uninstalling the program and reinstalling.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
This problem happens periodically with my
Flexi 21.
I have found that by shutting everything down and restarting, everything works great again.
Also every two days I deleat all print and cut files that are finished. I have found if I don't everything runs very slow.

Download Onyx Thrive from Onyx site, install it, install printer driver and try again. Will have 1 month for test.
Next step is to change the router, cable, PC, may be LAN PCB in printer, LAN card in PC. There is cheaper choices for diagnostic.

shepherddesigns

New update. Uninstalled Flexi and then reinstalled in. Added my printer back in and still getting the same result. The computer is definitely communicating with the printer as I can wake up the printer from Chrome. Flexi polls media size and will sync media. I have tried Cat5e ethernet cables and Cat6. All have the same response.

shepherddesigns

Download Onyx Thrive from Onyx site, install it, install printer driver and try again. Will have 1 month for test.
Next step is to change the router, cable, PC, may be LAN PCB in printer, LAN card in PC. There is cheaper choices for diagnostic.
What's the difference between Thrive and RipCenter? Seems like RipCenter has everything anyone would need to print.

shepherddesigns

When I run connectivity troubleshooting, everything passes with the exception of Email server configuration settings. No idea what that is for or why I would need it.

shepherddesigns

Just attempted on a second computer with the same result. So, it's got to be a printer issue then?

netsol

New issue just started. FlexiPrint version 12 w/ HP Latex 315. When I send a job, it processes through RIP and Output just like it normally does, but the printer never prints anything. I went through HP tech support and they could not find any problems. The printer is accessible through the IP address via chrome. Flexi polls the media width like normal and asks if I want to save the new size as default. When I called to talk to SAi, they basically told me to pound sand that they are no longer offering support unless you have the latest software with an active subscripti
do setup, or equivilent for media.
when the display appears normal (ready to print) go to production manager right click on the job in queue [it probably says "unable to open port" or some such ] and choose send

if it prints figure outbwhat is putting the printer offline

shepherddesigns

Just figured it out. Apparently, Flexi only works with certain ports. Port 8080 was what was selected, but I kept seeing something about port 9100 and when I spoke with HP support, they said something about port 9100. Just randomly, I switched the port on the printer and RIP and sent a job and it's actually printing.

Thank you everyone for your help with this. Insane, that it is something that is so easily changed.