• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi's DesignEditor

ahollow

Help! Somhow I've lost my DesignEditor window. It just didn't show up on the last opening of Flexi. I've tried clicking the icon, and it does do its button in/out look, but no window ever opens up anywhere. I've looked on the Desktop, in memory, withing the Flexi toolbars, etc. No luck.

Any thoughts on what to do, other than reinstall? I'm kind of stuck at this point.

PS: It's version 7.62, and I've never had any problems in all the years I've been using it.

Thanks again.

slappy

maybe switch your workspace in the file tab and see if it pops up in something other then default.... then switch it back to whatever you were using for your workspace

ahollow

Cleared Preferences - no difference.
Ctrl I is for DesignCentral, E is for DesignEditor; still does not display.

Switched workspace to each one one at a time, still no designEditor

Thanks for the help, any more suggestions?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Zoom out ... it may be sitting outside your screen area. If that doesn't work try changing your screen resolution temporarily.

JBarraxSW

Hi Slapakiss. Try this;
Click on View (in the top menu), Then, from the drop down menu, click on Toolbars. In the Toolbars box, click Standard. That should restore Design Editor to the tool box that also contains Design Central and the Fill/Stroke window.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What Fred said.

Sometimes these dialogs get positioned off of your display for some reason unknown to me. Bring up Flexi and make sure the missing dialog is enabled. Minimize Flexi and right click on your desktop and select Properties->Settings. Set your screen resolution to the highest possible and accept the change. You probably won't be able to actually read anything on your screen after that but you should be able to locate the missing dialog. Restore Flexi and drag the dialog back into the Flexi window and go through the same procedure to reset your screen resolution back to what it was. The wayward dialog should now be visible.

I don't know why this happens since there is no inertia when dragging. Normally you cannot drag something completely off of the visible display, there will always be at least one row of pixels that is the object either horizontally or vertically. But it does happen. It would seem that Flexi gets confused as to just where it should be painting its own dialogs.

ahollow

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried them all to no avail. I even hooked up a second monitor and increaed the desktop space as much as possible, and still could not find it. I did find some temp txt files, however.

Looks like the next step is an uninstall, and reinstall.

Grafitea Tom

This issue has been bugging me for quite some time.
Any floating toolbars/boxes seem to move where they want, even when only trying to drag the box 1/4" of an inch to the side, then poof...disappears way off the window's extents. Still have yet to have the suggested actions help me.

ellipse

Since it seems like this thread was revived once already, I'm gonna bump it again as well; I restarted my computer this morning, and when I opened flexi again, only the color mixer and stroke editor and color mixer will show up; I can toggle Design Editor & Design Central, but they don't appear anywhere. Ive always been using two monitors, and both have always been at the maximum resolution, so I can't zoom out using the methods described.

Are there any other potential workarounds people might've found since?