• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign pro 8.1 vs Mimaki JV3-160S

Running windows xp have flexi 8.1 trying to set up my mimaki jv3-160s printer i cant get flexi to read the firewire. cant get it to work this is my first printer and first time seting up!

any advise?

:help

artbot

i know nothing about flexi... but don't you need the mimaki firewire driver cd? if you do this cd is a pain in the ass for some service paks of xp. you have to tell it "no, i don't want to restart my computer"...then it does the whole thing over again.... it's detailed out in the read me. but it is a very sloppy install. basically installs two separate things in a row. also, in the rasterlink printer management (which you probably don't need, or maybe you do. i really am no that knowledgeable about rips and such), you have to choose each item in the exact order explained in the manual. even though it doesn't specify doing it in an order (like step one, step two, etc). my print manager will not find my printer unless it is and exact order even though i'm just choosing preferences in a single non-linear window.

i doubt that helps. tomorrow there will be scores of really smart guys that use flexi/jv3's and will probably solve your issue in a single sentence.

Redz Signs Inc.

go to the mimaki websight download the drivers for the jv3 160sp . then go to your devce manager open the 1394a port. go to update driver then choose the driver that you dowmloaded from mimaki . then plug in the printer to the comp and turn it on make surt the device manager showers mimaki status port and mimaki printer port. one that is good and no errors go to your production manager . open it up and in the port settings there should be a "mimaki firewire port" select that and your in business i have xp sp2 and flexi 8.1 with jv3 160 if you have any problems pm me and ill walk you threw it .