• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSIGN-PRO saving files as _fs.tmp

gbdesign

It's not an all the time thing, but frequently when I save a file instead of it saving as the file name I assign, it just saves as _fs.tmp. For example, if I am trying to save 'AwesomeSign1.fs' it only saves as '_fs.tmp' in the folder. I have to always double-check the folder to make sure that is actually saved correctly. It's weird, because the titlebar for the file has the correct filename but as soon as I close the file, poof! Anyone have any insight?

gbdesign

I get that, but the temp file wouldn't save to my client's folder, it would go to a temp directory. It is saving where I am trying to save the file to.

gbdesign

Bumping this again. Was hoping somebody on here had a clue about this. SAI treated me like I had no clue what I'm talking about as they said nobody has ever had the problem before. OK, great to know, but I'm still getting the problem, and more frequently now.

player

In your preferences is there any section about file saving and or temp files?

I would check there. I think you are saving the original file somewhere and actually seeing the temp file by accident or by mistake...

gbdesign

Sorry, FlexiSign-Pro 10.0.3. As for preferences, don't think that will be it as this problem is occurring about maybe 10-15% of the time. All other times it saves correctly. I'm just completely baffled by this.

gbdesign

Sorry, thought I replied about that. I checked preferences and checked the folder where the temp files are saved but the .fs files aren't in there. Is there something specific I should tweak somewhere?

VIP

Bumping this again. Was hoping somebody on here had a clue about this. SAI treated me like I had no clue what I'm talking about as they said nobody has ever had the problem before. OK, great to know, but I'm still getting the problem, and more frequently now.

I had the same problem with 8.5 and 10. It's no longer present in Cloud.

VIP

By any chance are you saving the files to a mapped network drive? If so, try mapping with the IP address instead of the computer name.

gbdesign

Oh thank God! Somebody else who has had this problem. I no longer feel like I'm losing my mind. :) No, I'm saving directly to my computer, not through a network. Were you ever able to figure out a fix, or did you just deal with the inconvenience?

VIP

I was saving through the network. After re-mapping the network drives using the server's IP address, the problem was solved.

gbdesign

That's what I was afraid you'd say. We've got two of us here designing and have two different design stations. The new system has Cloud of course. Boss doesn't want to upgrade this station yet though unfortunately. Guess I'll just suck it up and deal. Not the end of the world, just an inconvenience. Thanks so much for the help!

player

Sorry, thought I replied about that. I checked preferences and checked the folder where the temp files are saved but the .fs files aren't in there. Is there something specific I should tweak somewhere?

I thought there are default folders where you can specify where to save files. Maybe if you set those for a specific folder and then try a test? Probably not but might be worth looking at.

Of course you have searched your hard drives for *.fs ?(or whatever extention you are looking for). Or make a file and save it and search for that specific name...