• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

floor vinyl

Colorburst

I recently installed this floor vinyl. It is 8 ft in dia. printed on two pieces with a seam verticly. (a real pain to register). Now the building owner says he does not like the seam and wants it on one piece. The company that printed and laminated for me says this material (3M) is not made any larger than 54" roll. Does any one make this floor material and laminate and print larger than 54" or is that as big as this can be in one piece?
Thanks,

Attachments

• ARNGaviation.jpg
    ARNGaviation.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 162

Keith Rae

Are those individual tiles with grout lines? Rip em up!

From the picture It looks to me like stamped colored concrete that been coated with a high gloss sealer and the spot for the graphic was left unstamped so a 52" graphic would have brown flat floor around it. If the writing was done separate and in a light color and placed around the center piece.

luggnut

what is the big deal with people and seams?
i never got it... is the graphic doing the job it supposed too? (yes.... ) is the seam just jumping out at you distracting? (no) so many things have seams, from clothes, to flooring, to metal on billboards, but you have a seam in a large graphic and oh jeesh!

it is so weird about people and the seams that before i do a graphic that will have a seam i walk the customer out to my van (its wrapped) and show that it has vertical seams, then tell them this is what yours will have. then walk back 5-10 feet and you can't see the seams and show them it does not hinder then effectiveness of the advertising.

if they insist on no seams with a material that only comes in a smaller roll.. well then charge accordingly and piant it or have it painted.

i find if the price difference usually makes them decide to live with the seam.

lacarrye

I'm sorry. But, The seam looks bad. Only 23% of people will notice, which is a big %. One option is add some lights around or just other small sign to reduce focus span.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
lacie.....

You can hardly see the seam. Can you give me a reason you think it looks bad other that percentages. Give me a real reason from within yourself as to what makes the seam look bad.

With your kind of reasoning so far, you must think a long sleeved T shirt looks better than a dress shirt because it hasn't got any seams.
t shirt tux.jpg :doh: tux.jpg

lacarrye

Gino, I can see the seam. You as an expert in this field should understand that client will put 200% (yes percentages again!) more attention to detail than casual pedestrians. Don't get mad, but I work 12 hour a day analyzing advertisement. We measure YOUR sign incidence with %. There is a big science behind that, trust me. We're in a couple of bucks scenario, but I can tell you that a "visible seam" when not desired, can cost you thousand of dollars. AND please, don't compare cloth with a floor sign!, people will think that you know what you're talking about.

"Everybody should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink" I can see why you don't see the seam. Your quote told me everything.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When an industry standard does not provide you with a solution mr analyzer and all you have to work with is made up percentages of made of masses who have no inkling what they are talking about... then sir, you have a point. However, until you make some sense and stop throwing around worthless numbers, calculations and scenarios... would you kindly tell me why YOU made the statement in the first place ??

You made this statement. I'm sorry. But, The seam looks bad. Can or would you please elaborate as to what you are feeling or seeing ??

I didn't ask for the price of butter in England, so please remain focused and tell me YOUR reasoning behind your statements. Bringing up my signature line nor your background mean anything as to what my question was to you.

Again, a seam if need be..... has got to be there due to the industry's standards or the customer's pocketbook will determine a whole lot more than your scientific games of playing with numbers that give no thought as to the process as how something will be fabricated. So, lacie... can you give me a reason other than you can see it ?? I can see you can read and that doesn't tell me squat of your knowledge for this whole thread.... yet.

Billct2

I can see why the seam bothers them....it probably would've been better horizontal.
The client should just know upfront the limits and make the choice.
That graphic could easily be painted.