• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Fluorescent/Vivid Orange (Color) Printed

Ryan J. Gill

I have a customer who wants a bright orange (Safety / Fluorescent)

This will be printed on 3M Classic White Vinyl -

JV150-130
SS21 Mimaki Ink / RasterLink 6
Adobe Illustrator

any ideas for the brightest orange possible?

thanks

MikePro

yeah if you're just running CMYK you won't hit anything near fluorescent colors. even lm/lc won't help much either, which is why some printers are incorporating Orange ink in their sets to hit some of those brighter-colors....and still can't even print fluorescents.

depending on the design, I would either overlay cut fluorescent vinyl or simply load that vinyl into my printer and print onto it knowing that I can really only print black or muddy colors and overlay anything else I would need to complete the graphic. heads-up, anything fluorescent fades fast from UV exposure, even indoors.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
On our Seiko W-64, we have Neon Pink and Neon Yellow ink. To get the Neon Orange Color we overprint the two colors then we bump up the Vividness and Saturation if we want it darker.
The Neon colors don't last long for outdoor use even when laminated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916-163206_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916-163206_Video Player.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 209

MikePro

On our Seiko W-64, we have Neon Pink and Neon Yellow ink. To get the Neon Orange Color we overprint the two colors then we bump up the Vividness and Saturation if we want it darker.
The Neon colors don't last long for outdoor use even when laminated.
niiiiiice prints! if I were to be a client demanding my artwork printed as fluorescent colors...you would NOT disappoint! Printer ink sets just keep getting better & better!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Not possible with CMYK. Fluorescent, sometimes called 'dayglow', colors are made with pigments milled to a particular wavelength.They are essentially monochromatic.

Commando

You wont hit that with CMYK. 3M sells a fluorescent orange but its diamond grade and pretty expensive. They also sell it in wrap material. Might sell it in an engineer grade, too. IDK
There are other companies out there that sell fluorescent colors. I just know how some people only want 3M :rolleyes: