• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flyer/Brochures/Business Cards - Printer

Mita

Hi guys,
I'm new in printing and
I'm looking for a printer to do business cards/flyers etc. and I need some advice on which to choose (there are so may out there) and I'm starting to think it doesn't matter which one you get as long as the color is good and its fast. maybe Canon all-in-one color printer?
Also, I know that there are so many options for paper for business card (thickness, gloss...) so can you guys tell me where to order paper and what kind for starters?
Thank you so so much in advance!

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hi guys,
I'm new in printing and
I'm looking for a printer to do business cards/flyers etc. and I need some advice on which to choose (there are so may out there) and I'm starting to think it doesn't matter which one you get as long as the color is good and its fast.
Also, I know that there are so many options for paper for business card (thickness, gloss...) so can you guys tell me where to order paper and what kind for starters?
Thank you so so much in advance!
I can't tell what it is you do, but if your in business, you should be building relationships with other local businesses. Who printed your business cards?

Mita

Well, I still don't know the best place to order paper from and what kind of printer to use in these purposes. I would buy one to do them myself.

Boudica

Are you looking for a company that does printing or the actual printing equipment? Your OP is a little unclear.

Boudica

Well, I still don't know the best place to order paper from and what kind of printer to use in these purposes. I would buy one to do them myself.
1644349223554.png

Mita

Oh, I'm so sorry. I am looking for a company or website where I can order paper different thickness and some advice for a printer so I can do flyers/brochures/business cards by myself. I know that the best one for business cards is 400GSM or from 350-400gsm and the one for flyers/brochures is 130-170 GSM (thats all I know). What kind of paper do you guys use and where do you order it from? How do you put coating and finishes? Hope I'm making myself more clear

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you need to figure out what direction you want your business to go, first. Just buying a printer to do business cards might hinder you in the long run. What all do you offer presently from your shop/dining room ??

Mita

I would like to do flyers, brochures, business cards, book, newsletters whatever can you do on a big printer. I know there are some that also cut the business cards and separate them, that is why I got confused when choosing one.

2B

For paper - https://www.clampitt.com/
For equipment - I'm sure there are several options here on the forum

With the low cost and quick production times, outsourcing to 4Over, Zoo, or any of the other sources listed (there are MANY) in other threads. Why bother with doing it in-house?

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I used to do all that stuff, we ordered all of our stuff from Lindenmeyr Munroe, great company great sales and support staff. Easy to order from off their website. I got out of that job just after they started selling their wide format stuff so can't attest to that quality. https://www.lindenmeyrmunroe.com/

As far as printers goes, we had a Konica Minolta factory in that shop and I hated them, their machines went down all the time for problems very similar and often, we had plenty of times where 2-3 machines out of 5 would be down. It seemed if one part went down the whole machine had to be dis-assembled to get to the part leading to hours or days where a machine would be down. Also colors would shift all the time, leading to making a new ICC profile every few days, annoying to say the least.

I usually ended up gravitating towards this old Xerox machine, if a part went down I was able to easily replace any and all parts in it, for the most part (did need a tech out by us a few times). And I made an ICC profile once, one time, and it was good ever after. I really value being able to do work myself on machines, this usually leads to less downtime and me getting to know the machine very well. Just something to keep in mind as well.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Thank you for the info guys I really appreciate it! Will think about it and check it out!
Also, as this is more of a sign based forum, you might get better answers going to printplanet, where their forum is more based on that kind of printing.