• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help needed with this logo

Locals Find!

Client has this logo designed. I didn't do it. They want me to print a window graphic with it.

I despise the font. I don't know what it is but, looking at it makes me wanna stab lit cigarettes into my eyes.

Please can someone offer some font suggestions. Buying a font is not an issue if I don't already have it. I just can't in good conscience just let this one go out the door like this.

Attachments

• viewer.png
    viewer.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 88

Pat Whatley

Fred nailed the font but that logo needs some help. It's bad enough to seriously hurt the image of the business, they'd be better served with just plain lettering. I know you're dealing with what you were dealt though.

After seeing it this idea popped in my head and I just threw it together to see if it would work. I tried to stay away from the "sunest/wave/starfish/dolphin/palm tree" that every business within 40 miles of the beach uses.

Attachments

• coastal view pat.jpg
    coastal view pat.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 74

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome back from PA......................

People been asking about you.............. :peace!:

J Hill Designs

Fred nailed the font but that logo needs some help. It's bad enough to seriously hurt the image of the business, they'd be better served with just plain lettering. I know you're dealing with what you were dealt though.

After seeing it this idea popped in my head and I just threw it together to see if it would work. I tried to stay away from the "sunest/wave/starfish/dolphin/palm tree" that every business within 40 miles of the beach uses.

nice pat :thumb:

Locals Find!

Thanks Guys

Hey all Just wanted to say thank you.:thankyou:

I know that logo is horrid. Pat's suggestion is very nice. These are your typical "beach" clients though. Selling the dream to people who live no where near one.

I sent an email also, over to Steve at signfonts.com. He came up with some good font suggestions also and a pretty decent logo mockup. I am right now waiting to hear back from him as I showed them to the clients and told them his quick mockups were worth 10 times more than the hack they paid.

Luckily they agreed. So I am just waiting to hear back on how much to get them to cut him a check for.

I been pretty much out of the business for the most part. I have taken on a larger role in the Real Estate game and have restricted myself to mostly small real estate signs and the occasional card job here and there. I have come to hate Real Estate but, I am good at it and it's paying the bills.

I do keep up on the industry though and been practicing in my spare time. I would like to say I am improving but, still no where near where I wanna be yet.

Glad to see your still around and kicking Gino! Thanks again for all the help. Hope to find some more time to jump back on here in the future and pick up some more advice and great arguments.

Locals Find!

Just an update!

Showed them Steve's designs. They fell in love with them. Steve gave them what I believe to be a more than fair price and they are now purchasing the logo from him directly.

So the bad logo will now go to the graveyard where it belongs. Clients are happy, Steve is happy, and I am happy I didn't have anything to do with designing it.

visual800

Sure, I don't think Steve would mind me showing off his work. They chose the one in the upper left.

No, these are not a thumbs up logos. The fonts chosen ain't working here. The logo itself is hopeless. they could have so much more. This was not an improvement. Steve I love your fonts but as we all know there is a time and place for some fonts and this aint the time nor the place. Layout was horrible to begin with and not that much better later

toucan_graphics

print it and be done. They obviously have no problem with a logo "designed" in MS Paint so I would try to not have a problem with it either. Do the job get your cash and move on to something better.

Locals Find!

Addy!
i love you

p.s. that logo is aids.

Of course its aids. You think some of my past work was bad. I didn't even do that one. Exactly why I got them to go with Steve C. The clients like the new logo they are getting and it's 1000% better than what they started with.

I am printing and not even installing this one. Just collecting my check.

No adding ladders to this one, cause it's not mine....Feels great to be able to say that I am not the "Hack" in the original "Hack" job logo. I don't do logos anymore at all. Someone asks I give em references of others to call. I don't even wanna deal with it.

Happy 4th of July All !! :peace!: