• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font installation...

Dave Drane

Last year I upgraded from Win.'98 to XP. I installed the fonts with no worries but I went to use one yesterday and it wasn't there. It is resident in windows but it just won't install for some reason. I thought maybe I had too many installed so I deleted some of the useless ones and it still wont install.
It installed into VMP Ok but when it did show up in the font list it just read "unable to install xxxxx"
Can anyone give me a few pointers i may have moissed??:thankyou:

K

kevco

have you tried a BMFH?:Big Laugh Other than that I can't help you but good luck in getting it fixed.

Dave Drane

Yeah, tried that one Kev. I don't want to reset the Font base if I don't have to as it will take forever picking out the ones I want.
Just wondered if there was a simple solution.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Dave ... zip the font and send it to me. I'll check it out and let you know if it's the font or something else.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Hi dave, I installed "The font thing" a long time ago and like it. I also sometimes have a font appear to be 'not there'. The font thing will catalogue all fonts on your computer- the installed ones, and the others that you can keep in a spare folder or folders somewhere else on your hard drive. You then just refind the missing one from another supply that you put there as you don't trust computers anyway, and right click and <install> and it's there.
You will usually have to shut down the sign program & restart it for the new font to be found again.

The font thing is here: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

Hope that helps!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't find anything wrong with it Dave. It looks unflawed under close inspection and installs and shows up in my applications just fine.

Double checking some basics: Are you using the Control Panel > Fonts > Install command to install your fonts?

GB2

Old Member
On a similar note...can anyone briefly describe the recommended procedure for Un-Installing fonts via the Font folder in Control Panel? I'll be darned if I can ever find any way to do that...am I blind or what?

2972renfro

I think WinXP is picky about fonts too. Some free fonts don't load properly - especially postscript. The same fonts work fine on win98 machines but not on xp

Dave Drane

Ian, I do have "The Font Thing" installed and I am able to use the said font in Vinyl Master Pro and it is resident in windows. The font is also part of a package and all the others work well, but unfortunately this one is one I like and use often. When I go to favorite fonts in signlab it is there and when I click on it, it says "unable to install xxxx"
I may have to do a reset and re-install.
Thank you Fred for taking the time to look at it as I know you don't even have time to sleep.:tongue: