• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For a cure logo, Need some help

J

john1

Hey guys, Doing a logo for a non-profit that is doing annual car shows to raise money for cystic fibrosis (cf).

This logo will be used on their flyers, cards, printed banners and watered down for a single color screen print on a t-shirt.

The colors that must be in the logo are medium-dark blue, orange and white.

They would like me to incorporate something to display the disease such as a illustration of lungs since the disease is mainly affecting lungs of people who have it. I was thinking possibly a circle to the right behind the text with that in it.

The only part missing is the CF which stands for cystic fibrosis. Not sure if i should put that in script at the top of top left somewhere.

Any ideas from the pros?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• cf.jpg
    cf.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 154

qmr55

Just throwing some ideas out, since its a "cruise" or a car show, why not go with a classic car style? I'll try and come up with something in a little for you to give you an idea of what I mean!

J

john1

Well i was thinking of that too but it's for classic and newer cars, pretty much all cars are welcome so i didn't want to target one specific when it's everything.

J

john1

Some progress, They were concerned about it looking good in b&w due to the fact that people may copy their flyers in b&w and they purchased the artwork on a CD which will have a b&w version for their flyers and such they will be making themselves apparently.

Attachments

• cf_cruise_for_a_cure_logo.jpg
    cf_cruise_for_a_cure_logo.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Drane

The lungs are a bit "off"?? I don't know maybe the baby but leave the lungs out.. Try and put the CF in a panel of some kind to keep it seperate. It is a bit difficult with the colors too.. Sorry i can't help on this one.

Jillbeans

Eww no lungs, please.
I'd put CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION underneath (or whatever the name is, not just CF)
Love....Jill
PS
My niece has CF and is now in her 30s, thankfully.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Doesn't the Susan G. Komen charity have a trademark on "for a cure"? Seems like I heard about them making other charities stop using the phrase.

J

john1

Doesn't the Susan G. Komen charity have a trademark on "for a cure"? Seems like I heard about them making other charities stop using the phrase.

I checked that out, Susan's is "for the" cure.

Thanks for the comments, I'll work some more ideas up off the comments and go from there.

Locals Find!

Hey John, I got one to throw into the mix.

This one was way easier than my own project.

Edit: The kerning does need to be tweaked but, if you want this one I can give you the original as I could really use the write off.

Attachments

• cysfib.jpg
    cysfib.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

Nice ..Adtechia.... and John on 1st post believe ya can up with something.

The question is are making a logo for the cruise do you want it to appeal to the car crowd or those that are looking for help.

So does it look fun or serious ??

J

john1

Few more concepts, I'm really liking the bottom ones

Ad, I like that look!

Attachments

• Untitled5.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 135

stephenj148

and it might be a little more "cruise" feeling than a for a cure font wise. maybe try to play with some different fonts.

Ken

The actual logo...

I found this logo at wikipedia..
Ken

Attachments

• Cystic_Fibrosis_Foundation_logo.png
    Cystic_Fibrosis_Foundation_logo.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 170
J

john1

Hey Ken, Yeah that is the main foundations logo, This logo is for this particular customer who is raising money that goes to that foundation.

I sent off the proofs to the customer and am waiting to hear back. I really like the bottom designs as it incorporates the colors as well as cars without being too over the top.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll keep you updated.

Justin

I tell ya if I wanted to use for a cure I would. I honestly would say f*ck Susan G. Komen if they think it's right to copyright, or trademark a general saying like that, especially with the shenanigans the CEO did this past months, and year.

J

john1

Well here is the 2 they have narrowed it down to. Just waiting to hear back.

I really am proud of myself on this logo as i think it's pretty straight forward.

Attachments

• cf_cruise_for_a_cure_logo_FINAL.jpg
    cf_cruise_for_a_cure_logo_FINAL.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 133

JERHEMI

Here is a logo I did for a local charity last year that might give you a little more inspiration. They are a bunch of Harley Davidson riders who did bike runs to raise money for Make A Wish. :thumb:

Attachments

• k4k.jpg
    k4k.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 144