• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

for Dr. Seuss

Johnny Best

joe.jpg

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Hehe....that's good.

This stuff is getting out of hand, they're really getting carried away with all the censorship.

WildWestDesigns

Hehe....that's good.

This stuff is getting out of hand, they're really getting carried away with all the censorship.

What do you mean "is"? It already has been since at least 2016, but one could see the beginnings of it in 2012.

I guess it just depends on how much a part of nerd culture you have been in as that is where it started happening first.

I dunno, maybe because it's really starting to affect the "normies" that people are waking up to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If ya really want, you can go back to the 60's and probably even further than that. No one is ever completely satisfied and now, the squeaky wheel gets fixed first. The whiners are always whining and complaining and they get their outbursts fixed first and the rest of us just sit by and watch. Over the years, we just thought, well..... just give 'em this and they'll go away. Well, so many groups have come forward wanting their share of the pie...... the frickin' pie is gone, now. There's basically nothing left to give out anymore, so we're just picking on things for the sake of picking on things. Someone always wants something more and until they get it, there's no rest.

WildWestDesigns

If ya really want, you can go back to the 60's and probably even further than that. No one is ever completely satisfied and now, the squeaky wheel gets fixed first. The whiners are always whining and complaining and they get their outbursts fixed first and the rest of us just sit by and watch. Over the years, we just thought, well..... just give 'em this and they'll go away. Well, so many groups have come forward wanting their share of the pie...... the frickin' pie is gone, now. There's basically nothing left to give out anymore, so we're just picking on things for the sake of picking on things. Someone always wants something more and until they get it, there's no rest.

The one thing that the 60s didn't have was a networked society. You still had areas of the country there weren't affected by what went on in the 60s (my parents were in Kingsville and Corpus Christi during that time and it was a like a world away for them), but now, you are having "demonstrations" in small towns as well. The world has gotten very small in today's times.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's a pretty common fact that for the last 30 years or so, if you sneezed in China, you know about it, round the world within a minute or two.. Nothing new there. The only difference is how long it took to reach those small towns. However, if you wanted to know, you'd know. That's a given since the Mayflower came over. There were literally no communications between the early pilgrims and the native Americans, but they got by. Just a shame, the Indians didn't know that from so far away, their things were gonna be stolen from them. How did they end up under English Law ?? So, that's what's happening here. Somewhere people are finding laws, finding loopholes in them and taking advantage of what was thought to be the norm. Guess not. @ people don't want prayer in the school. Now, the whole country cannot pray for 1 minute, because of them. It only gets worse from that point on.

Johnny Best

When Elvis was on the Ed Sullivan show in the late 50s and 60s, they would not show him from the waste down. It was censored because of his "sexual gyrating". But now we have TV commercials about vaginal leakage. But Dr. Seuss, drawing racist Chinaman and Africans, "ComeOn Man".

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Breaking news: Dr. Seuss speaks from the grave:

"Horton and the Cat... and a few select others, need to team up and cancel those mothers..."

JB

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
We won't be able to say or do anything pretty soon. It's scary. It creates more of a racial divide than unity.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I still have all of my daughters Dr. Seuss books. We don't have any of the 6 books that are no longer being printed, but I'm NEVER getting rid of the ones we have.
I wasn't going to anyway, now I'm really not. I should put them in a fireproof safe.

Jburns

no society is perfect ---BUT ---when you have to go back decades--- to try and find problems today - --you must live in a pretty good society.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Evidently, we don't learn from our mistakes, because if you keep removing everything ya don't like there won't be anything left based upon what's been going on so far. People are trying to reconstruct history. They're gonna go all the way back to where the earth is flat and see if they can recreate it. Should be interesting. Just wait til they get to the history of africa and see what was happening there for centuries.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
All this crap is coming to your front door. This is just a shot across the bow....

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Controversy over Dr Suess is actually old news. The cancel culture bridges the political divide too. This world is full of whiners who try to scream louder than the next guy to get their name on the front page. Everyone's a victim.