• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford Transit Connect (the new baby sprinter)

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I have a feeling we are all going to be wrapping a few of these. We just finished this one and a lot of people were very interested in the little van.

Attachments

• elite.jpg
    elite.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 205

GP

Those are some funky looking vehicles.

See more and more of them on the road.

Nice work-

GP

edgonline

I am trying to work with a template for this vehicle, but the graphic designer who previously worked on this apparently did not get the right size for the template and my printer cannot use the files. Does anyone happen to know the proper measurements for the Ford Transit? I have a template already, but I need to get it to be the correct size. I wouldn't even know where to begin with actually measuring it...

Jillbeans

I have to do one of these things in cut vynull in the very near future.
At least it looks like it may be easier to ignore the recesses in it than those on a Sprinter.
I can see it now, there's a lot of surface area on that, and my client is the kind who wants everything but the kitchen sink on all of his vans.
:)
Love.....Jill

WrapperX

I have done 4 of them just in the last year! Two wraps and two vinyl decal jobs. They are slick and quick when it comes to installations. And businesses like them because they have alot of storage room for deliveries but apparently get stellar gas milage for a delivery/hauling vehilce. Silly looking things though for sure!

cajun312

I read an interesting story about those vans the other day. They are made in Europe, America has a import tariff of around 35% on commercial vehicles.
Ford gets around the tariff by putting in a bench seat in the back, and puts glass in the panels in the back for windows.
When the vans get to America, Ford pulls out the rear seat, replaces the windows with metal panels, and there is your commercial van with no tariffs paid.

petepaz

nice job..looks good
i have not wrapped any yet done a few just with cut vinyl
but they are becoming very popular
see them more and more on the road

10sacer

Ford

I want one, but most of what I print is at least 4x8 boards and some 5x10s and neither will fit in there flat very easily - if at all. Wish they made a slightly longer one

Haakon

We've had them over here since 2003, many of the early ones have rusted away already :) Harsh climate for cars over here..

Not done any wraps, but I've done countless of logos and simple graphics on them, just designed a setup for a Transit Connect and a regular (big) Transit last week.

Most of them are 1.8 liter diesel with manual transmission over here, never ever seen one with automatic transmission.

A very common size for signs over here are 1x2m aluminium plates(1.5mm thickness), and they do not fit properly in these cars, have to be transported upright diagonally in the back. Wish they were a little bit bigger yes. One of many 2003 models for sale here: http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=25642586

Attachments

• bildekor kannelønning maskin.jpg
    bildekor kannelønning maskin.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 202

LMHConcepts

Just did one of those the other month. They're pretty nice vehicles.

Attachments

• 20432_332982350201_503045201_5222265_7157923_n.jpg
    20432_332982350201_503045201_5222265_7157923_n.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20432_332982385201_503045201_5222266_6569645_n.jpg
    20432_332982385201_503045201_5222266_6569645_n.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a moderator:

andy

I am trying to work with a template for this vehicle, but the graphic designer who previously worked on this apparently did not get the right size for the template and my printer cannot use the files. Does anyone happen to know the proper measurements for the Ford Transit? I have a template already, but I need to get it to be the correct size. I wouldn't even know where to begin with actually measuring it...

The best bet is to google for "Impact vehicle outlines"

Transit Connect is a European design as is the Merc Sprinter... Impact is one of the best collections of accurate Vector outlines for European vehicles... they've got everything, every Connect model including the stretched version, all the Mercedes Sprinter variants.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The "Pro Vehicle Outlines" package has a great template in it. I just stuck 5 of them last week for a wheelchair transport company. That license plate recess is DEEP!
These were modified to have a folding wheelchair ramp in the back.

Attachments

• EMT-Transit-Connects-016.jpg
    EMT-Transit-Connects-016.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 150
  • EMT-Transit-Connects-021.jpg
    EMT-Transit-Connects-021.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 163

Rodi

I read an interesting story about those vans the other day. They are made in Europe, America has a import tariff of around 35% on commercial vehicles.
Ford gets around the tariff by putting in a bench seat in the back, and puts glass in the panels in the back for windows.
When the vans get to America, Ford pulls out the rear seat, replaces the windows with metal panels, and there is your commercial van with no tariffs paid.
That is really interesting! The cost of the windows and bench are less than the tariff!! Good move. Got a link?