• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foreclosed houses....

Marlene

I'm a renter. I've lived in the same house for the past 11 years. I don't own the house but it is my home and I think that is where the problem is when you hear the horror stories of renters or even people who own the building. if it's your home, you treat it differently than if it is your house or rental unit. people some times loose the sense of home and what that means.

TheSnowman

From most things I've seen in my life thus far...you can't make anyone pay for anything. I've been screwed a couple times by individuals, company's, etc, and if they are in the wrong for a billing mistake on their end...they just keep sending you notices and saying that they are gonna come and get you until you pay it. However, on the flip side...if I try and go after anyone, they just hunker down in their office and don't answer phone calls, letters, emails, etc, won't show up to court...and from what I can tell, nothing happens. If you don't want to pay, you don't have to, and you just keep living your life.

Craig Sjoquist

this is all a laugh to me lol ha ha knew it was gonna happen after 1st stock market small crash in 2000 that was the warning

Now a house sits empty for to long about a month or so sometimes less ... it is gutted of all useful items and all metals are scrapped

at present not sure what's gonna happen next a 2nd recession or inflation and how strong

Rodi

Pat, my best friend from H.S. is military based in Montgomery, and when he emailed me the prices of the homes, it was staggering! 60K-80K for some fairly sized homes. Granted I don't know the local market and what is a good or bad neighborhood, but man, making what I make here, I could live like a King in Montgomery!

Joe Diaz

I just bought my first house less than a month ago. According to my real estate agent things are looking a little better in our neck of the woods. He noticed that a lot of home buyers were taking advantage of the new home buyers credit. I was one of them. So was my brother who bought his first home in October.

The whole buying experience was better than I imagined. Since I never bought a home before I wasn't 100% sure what to expect. But the people at the Bank were very helpful. I went to them first to see what price house I should be looking for. We sat down and figured out all my expenses so I could buy a house that I could easily afford.

My lawyer was great too and I had probably one of the most professional home inspectors in the face of the planet. When it was all said and done this guy had a 30 page pdf which basically is like a user manual for my house. It was extremely detailed and helpful.

But the most helpfull was my real estate agent. The guy was top notch and made the whole process seem easy. It seemed as though he was more interested in making sure I had the perfect home then just making the sale.

The house I got isn't huge, but just right for me and in great condition and in a nice, quite neighborhood. It's right next to the river, but high enough that it's out of the floodplain and a block away from a real nice park with two historic swinging bridges.

The home owners before me took great care of the house. I'm actually paying a lot less than I did for rent on the smaller apartment I moved out of. and if you don't count taxes and insurance my mortgage is actually less than my car payment.:clapping: And the great thing is, unlike renting, I'll have something to show for it when it is all said and done.

It is most definitely a buyers market here in our town, but things are getting better and houses are being sold. :thumb:

Ponto

Talking about criminals. I think the banks are the biggest criminals, they try to squeeze the last cent that you have in your pocket, screwing you in every possible way they can, but when it comes to you when you need something to take care of coz of the bank's mistake it will take a while, they always have excuses and always are the good guys. We as people in their eyes are dollar signs, not customers.

:omg:C.A.P.I.T.A.L.I.S.M.:omg:

jp

tomence

No bank is your friend. Of course they are nice they have to take your money. Why would you need a lawyer if your bank is nice and helpfull. Just sign it and enjoy.

dlndesign

I am moving out of my condo with my wife and 1 year old and we lived there for 3.5 years, are landlady was great to us, we never had any issues other than a stopped up sink from time to time. We cleaned the house, I mean really cleaned it. Ammonia the kitchen tiles, bathroom . Scrubbed and scrubbed some more on the counters with bleach. Got the carpet professionally cleaned, vaccumed 4 times since yesterday. Cleaned, Patched and Painted any and all holes in the walls.

Now, I am still renting, and I do care about other peoples property, not all renters are the same. I even have poor credit, and the fact that the landlady took a chance with me, I want to make sure that she gets taken care of too. Honestly I want my deposit back too. Theres my two cents.

Man my renter is a GODSEND!!! She has repainted and refloored eveyroom in the house,, she left a note in with the rent that the comode had broken and she had replaced it( the entire commode) and asked if i could split the cost with her so she could finish repainting and tiling the master bath.... My part of the split was going to be $25.00,
I told her to take $100.00 off next month rent.. Hes happy as Hell ... She never calls or complains...

Pat Whatley

Rodi,
There are two LARGE neighborhoods in town that were built between 1950 & 1965. Both of them have good public elementary schools, low crime rates, and are fairly quiet. Houses in them are usually about 1200 Sq.Ft. and currently run $60,000 - $90,000.

After that there's a big jump to better neighborhoods with great schools. Homes in that end of Montgomery are usually around 2000 SF and $180,000.

My shop is next to a neighborhood of incredible Craftsman style houses built for the baby boomers coming back from the war. There's some incredible architecture, huge oak trees, a really big park, and convenient to everything in town. Unfortunately a majority of the neighborhood has become rental homes and duplexes and I wouldn't want to live there. If enough people would start restoring the houses and maintaining the neighborhood they could easilly double the property values in the neighborhood and people would be waiting in line to get in.

tomence

Ok when you rent don't you have to put security deposit like whatever the rent is. Let say you rent for $900 and the deposit should be $900 or sometimes they make you put two rents security deposit. So whatever you brake its coming out of that security deposit. This way landlord is secured. If you clean the app and fix all the holes in the wall they should return your deposit.