• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full Wrap for 3 month promotion

jc1cell

Hey guys,

I have a request by a client as stated on the title. For wraps I like to use either 3M IJ180C or Oracal 3951/3551 RA with their respective laminates. I'm inclined to used this anyway for this wrap just to make sure that removal is just as smooth and that any curves don't lift at all.

Don't feel the standard calendered print vinyl would be up to par even for the three month period but I'm sure competition will go for those materials when they quote.

Any suggestions on what material I can use other than those mentioned above as a secondary option?

jc

HulkSmash

If your installing a wrap with calendered vinyl - you're not going to save money. You'll spend the money you saved on the material ... in taking extra time to install it right.

MIMO

+1 to Colorado Signs

Not sure if you've ever done an install jc, but whatever you do, don't even think about using a non-repositionable vinyl.

jc1cell

Agreed on all accounts.

I have worked on installs and only use the media mentioned above. I was leaning towards using them but just wanted to get other opinions in case there was an option out there. It has been discussed here before with the same conclusion.

Thanks for reaffirming the notion in my head.

jc

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup - this will very much depend on the vehicle but I'd defintiley be looking at an unlaminated removable calendered material with air egress. The install will be a little tougher but the raw vinyl costs would be a quarter of what laminated 180 is going to run. Plenty of options too ranging from super cheap to mid range with materials like Oracal 3551ra, arlon 4560, mactac 729, 3M ij40 ij60 ij3552.....

AUTO-FX

Where's Bigfish?
How about Automark - anybody using their stuff? I understand it's more budget friendly.
The Mactac stuff we used at the training class at GRS was very nice to work with, and i beleive it is less expensive than a true cast film, although it is a little bit tackier than Oracal or 3m180, so if your not laminating it , it could be less installer friendly.

jc1cell

The vehicles are Hyunday Accents. I'm probably going to research the high end route and the low end route. Give her both options and have her choose.

Of course, I will make sure to include additional charges for the more cumbersome install the low end vinyl will provide for me and make sure a written statement is created and handed out with the estimate detailing the quality of the material and its limitations.

The client stated it's for three months but I get the impression they really don't know how long this (promotion) will last.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

jc

heyskull

I did something similair for a client and it was to be used as a promotional vehicle for two months and would never leave the showroom.
This was applied fairly easily using economy unlaminated prints.
It is 5 years later and this vehicle is still running around with all the original graphics!!
It was recently sent back for a repair and because this was fitted using economy materials it was impossible to match and a complete nightmare to remove. Only then did I have to remind the customer this was needing completley replaced.
He wasn't to happy.

SC

Jace161

Is there a cheap way to paint a car for a 3 month promotion?

Just use the correct vinyl, I'm tired if having to convince potential customers wraps will last more than a year and you can wrap around curves/valleys/rivets thanks to all the local morons that cheap out and don't use laminate or use the wrong material or don't know what their doing.

Do this, give them your standard price and quote it as the 3 month promotional wrap. then give them your standard price plus a few hundred and say for X more dollars you can have a 3-5 year wrap. You might make a few more dollars.