• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun with Vectorization

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
I feel sorry for the person who wasted all of their time on this for $35, and then you had the audacity to demand your money back! You clearly wanted this task (which takes considerable time) done for a fee that nobody could earn a living at, or worse, you want it done for FREE. Next time, let people know what your expectations are so we can all give you a wide berth.

Couple things you might not know, or chose to ignore:

The company we contacted's primary job is vectorization. They are a specialized industry, and as a specialized industry, you would expect that a finished product from them would reflect that status. If you spend all of your time doing one thing, you get better at it (or should). Their fee is a flat rate, and isn't quoted on an hourly basis.

You clearly are trolling, so I won't waste much more time on you; in short, my "audacity" is the direct result of their inability to provide us with a product on par with what they advertise for that price.

I don't see that as audacity; I see it as common sense. If you hired a company to do something for you, and then they don't complete it as they promised - would you try to hold them accountable? I know dam* well that me, and most others on here would.

Colin

The company we contacted's primary job is vectorization. They are a specialized industry, and as a specialized industry, you would expect that a finished product from them would reflect that status. If you spend all of your time doing one thing, you get better at it (or should). Their fee is a flat rate, and isn't quoted on an hourly basis.

I fully understand that, but you had expectations which, given your supplied artwork, were, I suggest, unreasonable.

You clearly are trolling

So let me get this straight. When someone offers an opinion which is different than yours, your automatic knee-jerk reaction is that they are "trolling"? That is the reaction one expects from a crybaby punk who feels that the world owe's them something. I'm not saying that you do have the juvenile sense of entitlement that is all too common these days from many young people, but you might. The evidence so far suggests this.

I don't see that as audacity; I see it as common sense. If you hired a company to do something for you, and then they don't complete it as they promised - would you try to hold them accountable?

The fact is they did a reasonable job with your highly complex, crap file. Again, I suggest that it is your expectations that were unreasonable. I don't know the company you used, or their standards of output, but you must have at least a tiny amount of "reason" rattling around your brain to understand that they can't offer an image of what every file will look like. They likely do good work with reasonable files.

Last edited:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Here is my take. Don't take the job unless you can provide an acceptable result. I have probably lost a few jobs and/or customers over the years but I would rather keep a higher standard than make false promises. This is directed at the R2V company, not JonMA

I try to predict what a customer is expecting or ask questions. I have done a couple of jobs where the customer insisted and said they would take just about anything. They are forewarned. I then send them the result and cross my fingers.

I have not once been asked for a refund since the day I started offering the service

It would help to know what kind of discussion there was between the JonMA and the vector conversion company.

JKADesigns

What the hell did you expect.... what are you doing with it? Like everybody else on here said print the damn thing instead of paying someone to vector it. If you wanted it in 3 color vector or something you should have said so and let them do their job... you're sending worthless artwork off to have it vectorized and then you whine about the result. Go find another trade to be in... like maybe doing your wife's dishes.

JTBoh

SO lets review: Our situation was resolved because the other company recognized that the quality of work that THEY provided was crap, and yet, we are apparently "audacious, crybaby punks with a juvenile sense of entitlement." Riiiiiiiiight. You have no idea what you are talking aboot.

What I want to know is what crawled up your *** to cause you to hurl personal insults at someone you don't even know, whose only correspondence you've had with is 2 messages on a forum? Having some personal issues in real life, away from the internets? Maybe a bad day at home with the missus? If thats the case, I hope your pathetic venting on a freaking message board lowered your BP a few points.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Another trick some of my competitors do is they don't show true before/after images on their website. They will take a good vector and then convert it to a low res jpeg and say "see what we can do" yet they make the mistake of making the jpeg so low res that makes it obvious. They show details in the vector that are not even in the jpeg sample.

My twitpic link below shows actual before/after work. No tricks. I probably will put it up on my website at some point

Colin

What I want to know is what crawled up your *** to cause you to hurl personal insults at someone you don't even know, whose only correspondence you've had with is 2 messages on a forum? Having some personal issues in real life, away from the internets? Maybe a bad day at home with the missus? If thats the case, I hope your pathetic venting on a freaking message board lowered your BP a few points.

Try to follow along junior. I said: "I'm not saying that you do have the juvenile sense of entitlement that is all too common these days from many young people, but you might. The evidence so far suggests this."

You might indeed be the reasoned fellow that you think you are, I don't know, but it really doesn't appear that way.

JTBoh

"I'm not saying that you do have the juvenile sense of entitlement that is all too common these days from many young people, but you might. The evidence so far suggests this."

Let's replace a few words. "I'm not saying that you enjoy using your advanced age as a means to imply that you are smarter and better than everyone in the world younger than you, that is all too common these days from many old heads that are being left behind by new technology, but you might. The evidence so far suggests this."

Note I never said that it was true.

JKADesigns

Let's replace a few words. "I'm not saying that you enjoy using your advanced age as a means to imply that you are smarter and better than everyone in the world younger than you, that is all too common these days from many old heads that are being left behind by new technology, but you might. The evidence so far suggests this."

Note I never said that it was true.

hey *** hole shut the hell up and go find another forum to talk stupid on.

JTBoh

i know it's off season for the lawncare industry, but there must be some leaves you can go scoop up. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.