• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Funny sign

ikarasu

You weed it, pre mask it, align it with the extra letter and throw al1-2 3" pieces of tape on - now your spacing is perfect. You tape up one side at the store / level it, throw it up... Then you have your second piece pre/marked and can throw it up without any measurements.

Your way would you not need to measure spacing between each line, and draw a level line 3 times? I fail to see how that's faster. But either way, I can't see either way taking more than 2-5 mins of work - so like I said, millions of ways to do something, and you do what's best for you.

(Edit) it's pretty much the same with large wall graphics. We do 10 ft by 100 ft wall graphics all the time. Its always funny watching people trying to align a ton of text / faces on site, standing 10ft in the air on the ladder with a guy on the bottom shouting to move it to the left another quarter inch, then to the right... Then that it's crooked, etc.

You lay down the panel on the shop floor... Align it, throw a piece of tape to hold them together and cut the tape at the seam, top and bottom - then you have 2 large green marks you know need to be aligned... And everything else falls into place. I can usually throw up 10 wall panels by myself, with better alignment than our other team of 2 working together.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You weed it, pre mask it, align it with the extra letter and throw al1-2 3" pieces of tape on - now your spacing is perfect. You tape up one side at the store / level it, throw it up... Then you have your second piece pre/marked and can throw it up without any measurements.

Your way would you not need to measure spacing between each line, and draw a level line 3 times? I fail to see how that's faster. But either way, I can't see either way taking more than 2-5 mins of work - so like I said, millions of ways to do something, and you do what's best for you.

(Edit) it's pretty much the same with large wall graphics. We do 10 ft by 100 ft wall graphics all the time. Its always funny watching people trying to align a ton of text / faces on site, standing 10ft in the air on the ladder with a guy on the bottom shouting to move it to the left another quarter inch, then to the right... Then that it's crooked, etc.

You lay down the panel on the shop floor... Align it, throw a piece of tape to hold them together and cut the tape at the seam, top and bottom - then you have 2 large green marks you know need to be aligned... And everything else falls into place. I can usually throw up 10 wall panels by myself, with better alignment than our other team of 2 working together.

Not quite sure what you're describing, but to do this very simple window job, Ya only need to measure twice. Once to the left, then again to the right. You make all three lines each time. You then draw a straight line on the marks. Put line one down, line two and then three. Now, put the other side on with an overlapping letter to be sure of spacing. The whole thing is over in no time at all. It's all ground level, no ladders, levels or anything else needed except a white pencil and a wipe cloth to remove the lines when finished. Had it not been for the mistake, the whole job was in and out in about 15 or 20 minutes. It kinda takes longer to get the sh!t outta your truck and clean up afterwards after such a simple job. That being said, I don't see how doing it all in one piece can be any more accurate or faster..... and for $650 bucks. Seriously who cares 5 minutes one way or the other ??