• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC Artic Titan 165 - Stop doesn't work - Safety sensors don't work - any help?

TraderLink

Merchant Member
When powered on, it runs continually...
1) stop button doesn't stop it
2) something in front of safety sensors doesn't stop it

The yellow stop button light stays lit, the run button lights (and clicks) when pressed, but goes off as soon as released.
When the stop button is pressed, nothing changes, it doesn't click and it continues running.

I checked connections, and everything seems fine.

One thing that I did notice on the main board are some relay switches ? (not sure if that is what they're called)... but they are switches with fine copper wire coiled underneath, with a clear plastic cover.
There is one towards the front which clicks closed (on) when you press the foot switch, and (2) towards the back (pictured).
The one on the right clicks closed (on) when you press the run button, but the one on the left never clicks closed (on) when anything is pressed, but it looks like it isn't released all the way either (it's almost closed).

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• GBC Laminator.jpg
    GBC Laminator.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 386
When powered on, it runs continually...
1) stop button doesn't stop it
2) something in front of safety sensors doesn't stop it

The yellow stop button light stays lit, the run button lights (and clicks) when pressed, but goes off as soon as released.
When the stop button is pressed, nothing changes, it doesn't click and it continues running.

I checked connections, and everything seems fine.

One thing that I did notice on the main board are some relay switches ? (not sure if that is what they're called)... but they are switches with fine copper wire coiled underneath, with a clear plastic cover.
There is one towards the front which clicks closed (on) when you press the foot switch, and (2) towards the back (pictured).
The one on the right clicks closed (on) when you press the run button, but the one on the left never clicks closed (on) when anything is pressed, but it looks like it isn't released all the way either (it's almost closed).

Any ideas ?
I know this was posted long ago! But, my arctic titan has the exact same issue. What did you find was the problem/resolution?
Thanks,
Scott

netsol

Premium Subscriber
probably just a shorted switching transistor.
someone with a little electronic experience or someone from a tv repair shop (are there any anymore? i feel like i am telling you to find someone who shoes horses)can look for a shorted
transistor

probably just a shorted switching transistor.
someone with a little electronic experience or someone from a tv repair shop (are there any anymore? i feel like i am telling you to find someone who shoes horses)can look for a shorted
transistor
Thanks for the help! I had the main board fixed at a local electronics shop. NOW, the machine works good again, BUT the stop switch stays on. I have to hold down the run button or keep my foot on the foot peddle or machine just stops.
The switch panel is new since I replaced that first trying to fix my first problem. Any suggestions on this one?