• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC Laminator... I need to learn the finer points of adjustments

Sign Works

Isign, mine gets webed the same as threeputt's, keep in mind we are using reverse wound lam so I would imagine that with forward wound lam the lam roll would be flipped and feed off the bottom of the roll.

Attachments

• GBC.jpg
    GBC.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 118

iSign

thanks guys...
interesting, you both have reverse wound lam.

I can see how the lam rolling down off the top of the roll creates the situation where that chrome bar redirects it, while smoothing it out, which is what it's there for... but on my forward wound roll, that seems to be why my tech thinks it should go up over the idler arm, since it doesn't get redirected & smoothed out if I go under that bar, since it feeds off the bottom of the roll.

Well, at least I got my main concern right now laminated... not I just gotta mount 500 sq. ft. of prints. Did the first 4x10 today with the big squeegee... went down great!

PLECKO

Well, I feel a little better about my P.O.S. Royal Sovereign. I've just about quit fooling with large prints just for these reasons. Doug my machine does the exact same thing as yours, it's bad enough to have to waste the amount of lamination you do just to load it with out having to shitcan a large print due to wrinkles about half way through. Banners seem to be the way to go..........:help:

Tom

ChicagoGraphics

Wow.........I thought I was the only one having troubles with the GBC titan laminator 65". I bought my laminator 9 months ago, and tryed to laminate a vehicle wrap, not only did I ruin the wrap but wasted all the lam itself. that was the first & last time I used it. Anyone looking to buy?.....LOL

ChicagoGraphics

I think I found the correct way to thread the GBC Titan Laminator. I tryed it yeasterday and everything I put through it came out perfect.
For the paper itself you thread it UNDER not over that crome bar and then loop it into the main roller.
Hope this works for ya