• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini Letters on Brick

surf city

Ok, so I have an install of Gemini letters (studs) onto new brick. I just realized that I am totally out of Bostick 1200 or GE-RTV 180. What can anyone reccomend I use. Thanks.

Tifosi

I use Liquid Nails and never have a problem. When it's winter and I have an install I use DAP 3.0 Flashing caulk because of the super low working temps.

surf city

Mike, they are 10" letters. I usually have the bostick or the GE but, I am out of it and the job is tommorrow.

Tifosi

Like Mike said, make sure you clean out the holes and use a good silicone or liquid nails and it will hold tight.

Lowes sells the Red Head adhesive for wedge/sleeve anchors if you are concerned with weight. It is a two part mix in the tip epoxy that you can get in standard single caulk gun style tubes. It is about $15 a tube but is mega-strong. Personally, I think that would be overkill on acrylic Gemini letters and going with off the shelf silicone would be best.

charleskowen

I've done three 8" sets on brick, and several other sets in tile, metal and wood siding with just contractor grade pure silicone. They are all holding up well.