• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber 4B

Bill15warren

Back in the day Gerber came to our shop to test out this new computer type vinyl cutting machine...at that time we all hand lettered & never heard about vinyl letters other than what you could buy from 3M. Well we became the test shop on the East cost & the rest is history. That machine changed the sign industry forever.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We started with a SignMaker 3 in 1983 which we upgraded to a SignMaker 4 when it became available. The model 4 added autokerning. We later upgraded to a 4B which added outlining.

signgirl

And when the Gerber Sprint came out we were in heaven because it had the monitor where you could actually see what you were doing. Otherwise it was scribbling on the table to see what size letters to use

netsol

And when the Gerber Sprint came out we were in heaven because it had the monitor where you could actually see what you were doing. Otherwise it was scribbling on the table to see what size letters to use
i have a 4b with the monitor upgrade & the effects that, for instance let you wrap text around a sphere.

i have a 4b with the monitor upgrade & the effects that, for instance let you wrap text around a sphere.
I have a Sprint that I started my business with in 1990. I use it to cut sandblast mask to this day. I've only replaced the roller and the toothed belt. They don't make them like that anymore.

Billct2

I think it was about 1980 the shop I worked in got one. It paid for itself within a few months. We had one job doing magnets for the independent installers that were bring that other new fangled device, cable TV to the area. Every time they hired another one they'd get their door magnets from us. The a regional electronics store (Crazy Eddies) opened some locations and has us put the brand names stacked in a band around the stores. We lots were doing a lots of development signs that had dozens of names in helvetica at the bottom. Didn't miss that mind numbing lettering by hand