• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 White Foil Printing Problem

JoySigns

See attached photo of the foil. I am only having this problem with the white foil, it's a ZeroNine replacement foil, spot printing. I'm printing on HP 220, that's what I always use. It is burning through the foil.

Last edited:

Marlene

I tried zeronine years ago and hated it and went back to Gerber and have never had an issue. I use the artic white as it covers in one pass with no primer needed

Billct2

I can't tell from the photo, is that a Zero Nine? I never liked them, did use Duracoat quite a bit but most of the time stick with Gerber.
If that is a non Gerber foil and you're sure all you settings are correct, and it happens on another roll of vinyl too, then try a Gerber foil.

Horst M

See attached photo of the foil. I am only having this problem with the white foil, it's a ZeroNine replacement foil, spot printing. I'm printing on HP 220, that's what I always use. It is burning through the foil.
This is typical for too much print energy, too much print temperature.
Please replace in your software job the white foil with black foil.

Malkin

I had similar issues with zeronine white, most especially if it was a full width flood coat.
All their other colors worked quite well and we still use them.
Maybe it was a heat issue or something fixable, but we just switched back to Gerber for white.

Gary Wiant

It's a heat setting I've used a ton of z9 for years but occasionally I've had this happen with z9, duracoat & get her. Good luck

JoySigns

Thanks Doug and everyone else. I contacted Zeronine and they said I should have a dry, 68 air conditioned environment to print at. Well, guess what, I NEVER have my air conditioning that low and it is not even time to turn the AC on for at least a month here in Nebraska. What I DID do was set the white cartridge outside where it was 50 degrees and cooled it down. This worked! Crazy, I know. I got my decals printed without burning out the foil that way.