• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Foil

Will308decals

Hi, I have a cobalt blue foil and on both of these photos below I have printed white first and then the blue second, but there is almost an overlap of the white. Like a weird outline. This only happens when I use my blue but I use my blue a lot and it look bad. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thank you

Attachments

• 8A24E20E-B65F-4D05-9C07-4177EF40957E.jpeg
    8A24E20E-B65F-4D05-9C07-4177EF40957E.jpeg
    769.9 KB · Views: 334
  • F09CD161-4D3A-4F06-9A8C-4D8DCD7F67CE.jpeg
    F09CD161-4D3A-4F06-9A8C-4D8DCD7F67CE.jpeg
    1,017.5 KB · Views: 307

Jburns

There could be three issues here ---
1. Choke / Spread is incorrect - ( if you are using one at all).
2. Primer - are you using white as primer? Are you printing on clear?
3. Adhesion issue - are you saying the blue is not adhering to the white color properly?
**EDIT: I see you state it only happens on blue....

Last edited:

Billct2

It's possible the blue foil is hanging up a bit. Sometimes they get messed up and don't spool out smoothly. Try running the job substituting a different foil color for the blue.

Billct2

another tool for primers I didn't know about for years was the "Shrink Underprint" setting....really helps with primer registration issues

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 277

Will308decals

There could be three issues here ---
1. Choke / Spread is incorrect - ( if you are using one at all).
2. Primer - are you using white as primer? Are you printing on clear?
3. Adhesion issue - are you saying the blue is not adhering to the white color properly?
**EDIT: I see you state it only happens on blue....
I am using the white as another layer. It’s not covering everything behind the blue. Do you think I should cover the whole thing with white and print blue over top?

Browner

Adjust your heat/pressure settings for the blue. Make sure it's set to Overprint (as opposed to overLAP). Double check and/or change the heat setting in GSPPlot to "Hot".

For the adidas decal - is there a reason you're not just printing blue onto white vinyl? Looks like you could also just print a solid white shape beyond the cutline, and print the cobalt blue overtop with the adidas logo "combined" with the blue shape - knocking out the blue and letting the white shine through.

Depending on which white foil you're using - have you considered just printing white OVER the blue? If you're using a regular white foil, you might have to hit it twice. I get good results with Arctic White in a single pass, though.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Question. Are you using Gerber vinyl and foils? Because I've had a similar reaction with Gerber foils when I was printing on non-Gerber static cling. Swapped to Gerber and had no issue. It's weird.

Also, you don't have some weird object in the file with a thin white stroke do you? I mean, I'm assuming the art doesn't have this.