• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber envision won’t cut through vinyl

Will308decals

Hi, I have a gerber envision 375 and I have cut very thin vinyl with it and it works fine with that. But I want to make football helmet decals which has a 21 mil thick vinyl and I have the little blade stuck out as far as it will go and the force turned up all the way on my envision plotter. Does anyone know what the problem is? Do I need a new blade? I am unsure on what to do. Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You will benefit from using a 60 degree blade for the thicker material. I would also recommend if you are going to be going back and forth between thick and thin that you invest in a second blade holder. Getting the depth of a blade set correctly is time consuming and having a second blade holder all set up eliminates the wasted time.

Jburns

here are my settings for heavy lam and convex three passes what fred said also

Attachments

• Envision 18 mil.jpg
    Envision 18 mil.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 279

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Those are his advanced plotter settings. In GSPPLot enter F7 and then click the Settings Button for your plotter. S = Speed, G = Acceleration, P = Pressure or Force, and CR = Sharp Corners.

Plotter Settings.jpg

Billct2

and you can set the plotter to go back to the start position after cutting in case it needs another pass.

Billct2

here are the tools in 5.0, I think they were the same in 2.6

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 253

Will308decals

here are my settings for heavy lam and convex three passes what fred said also
What vinyl brand do you use for your heavy laminate? I make football helmet decals and my 21 mil will not form or shape the roundness of my helmets and they bubble up