• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Router with Enroute Plus 3.2

nordeast

We've purchased a new Gerber Sabre 408 router. We've been using
Enroute Plus v. 3.2 for the past 7 years with our previous Multicam. My
question is, I know this version of Enroute has a driver for the 408, but
does anyone have any experience using Enroute with Gerber? I've read
some mixed things about it.

We mainly use Enroute to do V carved signs. Gerber has their artpath
software with the autocarve option to do V carved signs but it is $2,000!
So my preference would be to keep our Enroute because we know it, and it's
paid for.

I need to get this figured out before the Gerber tech comes out here for
our training days and then tells me that he can't get Enroute to work reliably with their machine. If I do have to break down and buy artpath with autocarve I want to have it when the tech comes so we could
actually get some training with it.

Thanks for your help!

StarSign

Call whoever sold you the router ( I am assuming a dealer) and have them get with Gerber, that way you don't have to pay for support.

nordeast

Maybe I wasn't clear about my question

Is anyone out there successfully using Enroute Plus v. 3.2 with their Gerber Sabre 408?

Typestries

We are! So, here's the deal. I actually came here searching for another copy of enroute for sale.

At one point we had 3 machines between two locations. One Gerber Sabre 408 running Artpath with autocarve. And 2 multicams. The multicams came with enroute. My primary router op prefers enroute, and for regular cutting I see why. Control start points, cut order, bridges, and better drilling. All things Artpath does not do. So we called Gerber to find out if the upgraded artpath did any of this. Not one person could tell us. No wonder they fading away as a company.

So, yes enroute 3 plays well with a sabre 408.

And yes, we still have Artpath running on the PC, but pretty much just for prismatics, it does a better job than enroute does.