• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting paid from customer using bank ACH method

rydods

Member for quite some time.
ACH is the way all payments should be processed until the next best thing comes along. Less of a Pain in the A** for you and your customer than dealing with checks, and no or probably less fees than the credit card companies.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
My new, probably one-time, customer wants me to get set up in their payment system so they can deposit payments directly into my bank account (ACH). In order to do this I have to register and set up an account with their system. I have to give them my bank info - routing number and bank account number as well as other tax information. I am sure this is just going to be a one-time sign sale and will probably not get any repeat business. The sign job will run a couple thousand dollars. This seems to be a trend with certain types of businesses. Is it worth it for me to jump through these hoops and put my info "out there"? Any thoughts?
As I was taught, if someone wants to give you money, you take it! I'm happy to take almost any type of payment; ACH, checks, any credit cards, bitcoin. But cash is my favorite so I'll take USD, CDN, AUS or EUR because I have one kid in Canada, another kid in Australia and we love to travel in Europe! If you have money to spend, I'll find a way to take it!

Albert Cyrus

Good job being cautious with all the scams going around. Amazon accounts getting "hacked", pretend credit card refunds, or someone posing as customer service helping you secure your "compromised" credit card. And of course the Nigerian prince needing 3,000 blue banners.

But yeah, as you've probably figured out by now, ACH is legit. I used to work at a company which regularly sent $50k+ payments with ACH. A couple of times a month.

Billct2

I have several clients that pay with a system that generates a one time cc# for that specific transaction.