• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gifts for your best customers at the end of the year

Esmae

For the last 4 or so years we have allowed a budget of about $1000 to give corporate gifts to our biggest customers (and the ones with most potential) at the end of the year. This usually goes to the Owner, manager, purchasing officers and any others we usually deal with within a company. Last year we gave them each a Gerber Torch with their company logo and their first name lasered into it, then for the owners we gave them a 200 page wooden photo album with their company logo engraved in the front and an inconspicuous thank you note lasered into the back cover.

One of the owners pulled me upstairs to tell me how much he loved his photo album and that it wasn't just another knick-knack or bag of crap like he usually gets from other suppliers with caps and pens and stubbie coolers etc. So this year I don't want to let him or any of the others down and provide something just as good if not better, (even better if i can personalise it myself with some engraving)

Anyway i'm wondering what you guys do for your customers at the end of the year and do you do some sort of gift, if so what was it.

Bly

A bottle of french champagne in the week before xmas goes to my contact at each place that spends a certain amount during the year.

Jillbeans

One year I got hoodies (great service from D&T)
But usually I just make and deliver cookies at Christmas.
Love....Jill

Kevin-shopVOX

For the last 4 or so years we have allowed a budget of about $1000 to give corporate gifts to our biggest customers (and the ones with most potential) at the end of the year. This usually goes to the Owner, manager, purchasing officers and any others we usually deal with within a company. Last year we gave them each a Gerber Torch with their company logo and their first name lasered into it, then for the owners we gave them a 200 page wooden photo album with their company logo engraved in the front and an inconspicuous thank you note lasered into the back cover.

One of the owners pulled me upstairs to tell me how much he loved his photo album and that it wasn't just another knick-knack or bag of crap like he usually gets from other suppliers with caps and pens and stubbie coolers etc. So this year I don't want to let him or any of the others down and provide something just as good if not better, (even better if i can personalise it myself with some engraving)

Anyway i'm wondering what you guys do for your customers at the end of the year and do you do some sort of gift, if so what was it.

Definitely do something similar with the laser. My family has a sign business in FL that I used to work at and we had a laser engraver and used it frequently for stuff like that. Lots of options that they really like and showcases what you can do as well.

Florida's Natural and Citrosuco are clients of theirs so one year we gave a nice basket that had a few oranges engraved in it with their logo. That sample led to them buying gifts for their clients from us. Turned out well.

Last edited:

MontereySigns

We went to a local gift/framing store and purchased 50 small 6" x 8" mirrors with scalloped edges that were nice looking. They also had a strong magnet affixed to the back.

On the mirror surface we applied text "Make way for the positive day- Bob Marley" in silver etched glass vinyl inn a nice cursive font.

It was a nice, inexpensive, custom gift that had a good message for the upcoming year. Plus it featured a sign product (etched glass vinyl) that some customers had not seen before.

Jane Diaz

Some of our best ones were:
Their logo (that we designed of course) printed 12 X18" applied to PVC & framed for their office.
A candy jar, full of christmas candy, with their logo printed and applied to the round lid. Most of these ended up on their entry desk and they keep them stocked for their customers.
One year we found small Heritage Village collectable figurines of a sign painter working on a billboard. We personalized then with THEIR logo on the billboard. THAT was a winner!
One year I made small brushes into Santas that you could hang on your tree, and we just sent them one. with a gift certificate.

Erric Wonk

Gifts have gained significance in recent years with more and more businesses are offering personalized corporate gifts to their customers. This helps the individual customer to feel special, and they view these gifts as personalized appreciation by the business for choosing the product and services of the business. It establishes a close connection between the business and an individual customer and at the end of the year, it will definitely help.

MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I give restaurant gift cards for customers that refer me decent size jobs ..

sometimes around the new year I'll print small calendars on glossy card stock with their logo on it so they can give it away to customers... just a way for me to have a reason to stop in and build rapport

Tfloraditch

One year I talked my boss into doing this for our customers. I told him to get Birnn chocolate truffles. https://www.birnn.com/ Don't substitute other brands! These truffles have no wax like other brands and they are simply awesome! They have these small twist wrap truffles about the size of a dime and sold in a large shoe box size display you can customize with a graphic, wishing everyone a happy holidays from your company. Then set this up in the reception area for all to pass by and sample. and sample and sample. They also have larger gift items for the receptionist, buyer, and don't forget accounts payable.

You would not believe the response! People buy from people they like. People like people who bring the best chocolate. The receptionist will remember you every time you call and will not give you any crap. Accounts payable will remember you too. The following year we did it again and when the boss was driving around between buildings, employees knew he was dropping of chocolate truffles again and they followed him around to see where they were dropped off. Like the Pied Piper of Hamlin.

Contact Birnn and get samples and you will see what I mean. I am not related to anyone at Birnn. I don't work for them and I get no money, chocolate or other benefits from mentioning them here. It's just by far the best truffles I ever had. I know your customers will agree.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Each year I try to think of something fun and different. My first Holiday season here I made Keychains with our logo (I had just come from 20 years working for a Jewelry supplies company). My second year we did magnetic calendars - that I designed and produced in-house. Last year we did contour cut window clings - a christmas tree, and fun ornaments so folks could decorate the tree themselves - that was a hit we got a few pictures back from our more creative customers. Still trying to think of this years plan...

WhatsYourSign?

Gifts have gained significance in recent years with more and more businesses are offering personalized corporate gifts to their customers. This helps the individual customer to feel special, and they view these gifts as personalized appreciation by the business for choosing the product and services of the business. It establishes a close connection between the business and an individual customer and at the end of the year, it will definitely help.

MOD EDIT

Are we just going to ignore that this guy bumped an 8 year old thread so he could link back to his website?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Best

and an autograph pic of Erric along with your order
erric.jpg