• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GM, JEEP, Chrysler LOGOs

Edna

I am looking for logos like this that are high quality. All the ones I copy and paste off the internet look all grainy when I blow them up. Is there a program I can use to make them look better? I want to print JEEP Parking signs and stuff like that to sell.

HulkSmash

I am looking for logos like this that are high quality. All the ones I copy and paste off the internet look all grainy when I blow them up. Is there a program I can use to make them look better? I want to print JEEP Parking signs and stuff like that to sell.

Good luck, those logos are copy written.

Edna

What does that mean, that they are just going to grainy no matter what I do? Then where do other sticker shops get the artwork? Can I buy a CD of them?

Edna

Why? They are on the internet. I see Jeep, Ford Chevy stickers all over the place. They sell them at the gas station here in town even. I want a peice of that pie.

signage

Why? They are on the internet. I see Jeep, Ford Chevy stickers all over the place. They sell them at the gas station here in town even. I want a peice of that pie.

You know they sell drugs on corners also, does that make it legal?

WildWestDesigns

Some people have permission to use various logos, some do not and still reproduce them anyway.

I see home embroidery people selling Disney embroidery designs get busted, because they don't have permission from Disney to use those designs in for profit.

People at flea markets get busted for this type of stuff all the time around here too.

jayhawksigns

Oh my.

So you are wanting to use the brand identity, built by the prospective companies, to sell products you produce, without giving them a "piece of that pie".

To be legal, all of those stickers in the gas stations are printed/produced by companies who have permission from Jeep and such to produce those stickers, with their brand emblem on them. They in turn give Jeep and a such cut of those sales by one means or another.

Have I ever done a one off custom decal for a friend with a trademark? Not going to say here, but we don't produce a mass amount of pre-printed decals/signs with trademarked logos.

Edna

How do I get permissoin? Can be to hard if there is so many people doing it.
does anyone on here have permission to make these stickers?

WildWestDesigns

Can be to hard if there is so many people doing it.

It can be more difficult then you might think, depending on who it is you are trying to get permission from.

However, your basic premise above assumes that those people are doing everything legally.

Edna

Why? They ARE stickers, that is what I am going to call them. I got tuff scin.
I certainly don't want to get into trouble, espcially since there is not alot of money blue to be make printing stickers.

ucmj22

I certainly do NOT purple want to get arrested for just making some stickers.

Why? They ARE stickers, that is what I am going to call them. I got tuff scin.
I certainly don't want to get into trouble, espcially since there is not alot of money blue to be make printing stickers.

Whats with the colors?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Edna ...

Here's a link to the largest website for trademarked logos on the internet. You can register and download them to your heart's content.

I strongly urge you to understand what this same site tells you about them as follows:
Downloading this artwork you agree to the following:
The above logo design and the artwork you are about to download is the intellectual property of the copyright and/or trademark holder and is offered to you as a convenience for lawful use with proper permission from the copyright and/or trademark holder only. You hereby agree that you agree to the Terms of Use and that the artwork you download will be used for non-commercial use without infringing on the rights of the copyright and/or trademark holder and in compliance with the DMCA act of 1998. Before you use or reproduce this artwork in any manner, you agree to obtain the express permission of the copyright and/or trademark holder. Failure to obtain such permission is a violation of international copyright and trademark laws subject to specific financial and criminal penalties.

Should you fail to understand what it says or choose to ignore it, be aware that you can be prosecuted in criminal court and sued in civil court for producing anyone's copyrighted work without permission. Just because others choose to break the law does not grant you permission to do so.

royster13

From Wikipedia:

A sticker is a type of a piece of paper or plastic, adhesive, sticky on one side, and usually with a design on the other. They can be used for decoration, depending on the situation. They can come in many different shapes, sizes and colours and are put on things such as lunchboxes, in children's rooms, on paper, lockers, notebooks and so on. Some people collect and trade stickers with other collectors. Temporary name tags are usually stickers.

Stickers are very widely used when an object requires identification with a word or idea. Brand stickers may be attached to products to label these products as coming from a certain company. They may also be used to describe characteristics of the products that would not be obvious from simple examination. A label dispenser is often used as a convenient way to separate the sticky label from its liner or backing tape.

They are frequently distributed as part of promotional, advertising, and political campaigns; for example, in many voting districts in the U.S., stickers indicating an individual has voted are given to each voter as they leave the polling place, largely as a reminder to others to vote. Observers may clap hands, honk a horn or otherwise applaud a good sticker.

Stickers placed on automobile bumpers, called bumper stickers, are often used by individuals as a way of demonstrating support for political or ideological causes. Identification of vehicle registration and last service details are two examples of stickers on the inside of most car windscreens. The term "window sticker" is generally used for vinyl labels which are stuck to the inside of a vehicle's window, as opposed to water-resistant stickers that are stuck to the outside of a vehicle but can be affixed to anything.

Stickers are also used for embellishing scrapbooking pages. Kinds of stickers sold for this purpose include acrylic, 3D, cardstock, epoxy, fabric, flocked, sparkly, paper, puffy, and vellum. While in the earlier days of scrapbooking stickers were sold mostly on 2"x6" sheets, now 6"x12" and even 12"x12" size sheets are very common.

Stickers applied to guitars are called guitar decals. Post-it notes are stickers having glue on only part of the back, and are usually sold blank.