• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold leaf font, should be easy

ams

Any ideas on this font? Thanks

Attachments

• rville_fire_text.jpg
    rville_fire_text.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,267

Gino

Premium Subscriber
According to your title, you should know it, huh ?? C'mon, even a caveman can do this one.

Co
It's clearly based on Copperplate Gothic. Copperplate Condensed Bold, is quite similar, if that helps.

Copperplate condensed is close, but it still takes a lot of tweaking. You have to make all the serifs pointed instead of squared off, and many of the letters have some diffences. Pierce has a lot of awesome fonts, it's a shame they aren't available to purchase but I understand why they keep them locked up.

Sign Works

This is my version of that font. I've been working on it off and on for a while, it is nowhere near finished and still needs to be cleaned up quite a bit, but you get the idea. I'm having to build a lot of fonts from scratch since I deal with so many fire trucks.

View attachment 129263

SS&D, got a question for you. I'm assuming that this is computer generated artwork intended for digital printing, If I'm correct then how are you getting the engine turn spun effect to follow within each letter as if it were hand done unlike using a fill or cutting a patterned engine turn gold leaf material? BTW, nice job on the font.

mark-s

SS&D, got a question for you. I'm assuming that this is computer generated artwork intended for digital printing, If I'm correct then how are you getting the engine turn spun effect to follow within each letter as if it were hand done unlike using a fill or cutting a patterned engine turn gold leaf material? BTW, nice job on the font.

Most likely Clipping Mask in Illustrator

mark-s

The example I posted above is just a fill that I made, so the spins don't line up perfectly in each letter. But, most of the "printed" gold leaf I do is made to look just like hand laid gold with each spin placed individually on the letters. It's a process I've spent a few years dialing in, but now I've got it down to where it's all done in Flexi and actually looks pretty convincing. I had to have a cheaper option to offer customers that can't afford the hand laid gold, but I didn't want to sacrifice the look of real gold. The printed reflective gold leaf has turned out to be a pretty good alternative.

IMG_921.jpg