• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Metallic Printing Help

rjssigns

Can try printing on silver metallic. Solvent inks are similar to candy paint for vehicles. Looks really good. There is a post or two somewhere on the forum.

Otherwise it's going to be offset or screen printed.

Lucky Sky

Find someone in your area with a Roland printer set up for metallic ink. It has a really soft metallic quality. Worth a shot. To find someone reach out to the nearest distributor. If they don't know ask to talk to one of the technicians.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Gold is generally made by printing yellow on top of silver metallic. Lucky is on the right track.

Good luck

MikePro

you could also use gold metallic vinyl as your base, and print onto it. or print onto clear and laminate the clear print onto the gold?

Goatshaver

Can try printing on silver metallic. Solvent inks are similar to candy paint for vehicles. Looks really good. There is a post or two somewhere on the forum.

Otherwise it's going to be offset or screen printed.

Yeah I had that thought but many that would be a process because they want it on white.

you could also use gold metallic vinyl as your base, and print onto it. or print onto clear and laminate the clear print onto the gold?

Possibly but they do want it gold on white which would be difficult for my setup otherwise it would have to be done with UV is my guess.