• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goodbye Whitney Houston

ForgeInc

Ya'all ever stop to think it could be YOUR kid or friend or relative or whomever who succumbs to addiction? It's a disease like anything else.

You think anyone really enjoys being addicted to drugs or alcohol? The whole thing is sad. Yeah she was a mess at points in her life. Yeah she made bad choices. But the fact is she had one of the best voices of all time. That far from makes her a saint but I can sure see how the media might want to give her career a day or two of coverage and maybe even a tribute at the grammys, of which she won many.

Not saying she wasn't a junkie or above scrutiny and I'm sure she was a diva like many other famous people, but love her or hate her I don't find it necessary to **** on her grave and offer up terms like "good riddance".

MikePro

everyone respects the talent and will still enjoy the music that was left behind. she's a legend, just like michael jackson.
that being said:
"News of Whitney Houston's death travelled with such speed. When I heard I couldn't help but crack up with emotion. She was a real heroin. It's such a blow. She really made a hash of things though. Her life just went down the pot. Someone should have kept tabs on her."

visual800

she f****ed up for that she brought it on herself. But she was one hell of a singer. I saw an interview last night of a church goeer that knew her tlaking about "Whitney always had God by her side"....I bet he wasnt by her side while she was hitting that pipe...BOBBBBYYYY!

10sacer

Legendary crooner Tony Bennett, 85, appealed to the U.S. government to legalize drugs at an impromptu Whitney Houston tribute held hours after her death, says the Hollywood Reporter.
"First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, now, the magnificent Whitney Houston," Bennett said Saturday night at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party at the Beverly Hilton. "Let's legalize drugs like they did in Amsterdam. . . . No one's hiding or sneaking around corners to get it. They go to a doctor to get it."

Yeah... that'll stop addiction in its tracks.

Colin

Not much sympathy from me on this. She had a successful career and bazzillions of dollars to enjoy the rest of her pampered life, and what does she CHOOSE to do? Drugs.

Pfft

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Watched part of a 2002 interview with Diane Sawyer where she said she wanted to straighten out the wrong information about her using crack. She said she never used crack because she gets paid well and crack is a cheap drug for poor people.

:peace!: :banghead: :rolleyes:

tcorn1965

Ya'all ever stop to think it could be YOUR kid or friend or relative or whomever who succumbs to addiction? It's a disease like anything else.

You think anyone really enjoys being addicted to drugs or alcohol? The whole thing is sad. Yeah she was a mess at points in her life. Yeah she made bad choices. But the fact is she had one of the best voices of all time. That far from makes her a saint but I can sure see how the media might want to give her career a day or two of coverage and maybe even a tribute at the grammys, of which she won many.

Not saying she wasn't a junkie or above scrutiny and I'm sure she was a diva like many other famous people, but love her or hate her I don't find it necessary to **** on her grave and offer up terms like "good riddance".

:goodpost:

SD&F

She had the whole package it seemed. Unfortuantely, she couldn't see it that way.
Although she had an amazing voice, she is like 1000's of others who fall to their vices.

Colin

Nonsense. It is not "a disease like anything else"; it is the result of a CHOICE to put certain chemicals into your body which are KNOWN to be addictive. How is that a disease, like Parkinsons for example?