• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

google drive

HulkSmash

That's freaking awesome. I was invited to the beta a few months ago. This thing is slick.
I love it. It's cloud? So what, it's another step for google to its continued success.

qmr55

I saw this a few months ago when they first announced the beta, it's actually a really cool thing! Will make things a lot easier for us, I saw that you will be able to save to different formats as well!

The best part is, if you have an android phone...you can access all your stored files directly on your phone! Even open photoshop and illy files! So cool...

Freese

Basically Google is amazing and my support and love for their products/solutions integrated into my email, cell phone and tablet make me happy!

TheSnowman

Sooooo...my question is...can I open an eps on my iphone somehow with this new offer from them.

I'm an idiot...just watched the video and read a little more. Got ahead of myself.

Locals Find!

Thanks for Sharing. I have become obsessive about backups. This will be another great tool in my backup toolbox. I have files backed up so many places now I almost need a backup system to keep track of where everything is.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Awesome, I can stop carrying around all my flash drives now. Had a few cloud services before ... didn't seem to do anything really well ... played with this for 4 minutes and was able to transfer 3 of my 5 flash drives with full folder drops. awesome stuff.

cptcorn

adad
via theverge: via Google's Terms of Service for Google Drive

"You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.

When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content."

Granted they'll probably never use your stuff, but still kinda crummy.

WildWestDesigns

"You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.

When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content."

That's what always makes me concerned with using services such as this. You really have to go through the terms and conditions (and many don't do near a thorough job as they should) to see what all is involved. You might be agreeing to something that you don't want to.

Locals Find!

You left out parts of that. Here is the whole wording of that paragraph:

Some of our Services allow you to submit content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to Google Maps). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.