• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got heat!!!!!

petesign

Another thing about running that without a vent is the humidity levels you will see.. one of the byproducts burning that fuel is water, and without a vent, it just goes into the air in your shop.

Bradster941

Old Paint, in the conversion kit besides the orifices, I believe there should have been a light weight spring you need to install in the gas valve.

Attachments

• Reznor 1.jpg
    Reznor 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Reznor.pdf
    610.7 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:

OldPaint

brad, yes there was a spring that goes into that silver regulator/pilot lite mechanism on the under the fan. replaced it 1st. no need to worry bout the adjustment on it as the propane tank regulator limits the out flow at 10 psi max. as for the the fresh air duct for the flame, i already said i was gona make a plenum to introduce fresh outside air to the flame area and it will be hung from the roof at 8-9 ft from the floor. as for the pilot, it has a sensor the flame keeps at a certain temp, sorta looks like an O2 sensor thats on your car. if the sensor doesn't get proper temp, it shuts off the flow of propane.
like timi says, ive seen these heaters in many body shops, mechanic shops and the biggest problem with having the heater use shop air for the flame, is the FUMES of stuff like paint, carb cleaner, brake clean when HITTING AN OPEN FLAME........STINKS really bad!!!!!!! since i do paint and and work on vehicles, i definitely want that fresh air plenum for the burner. as for running the KILNS FOR HEAT......will work great, but propane is much cheaper.
thank for all the concern, its appreciated.
tryin to get this in place by DEC 18th as we are having our annual GARAGE SALE CHRISTMAS PARTY, and yes we do this in the SHOP!!!!!!!! no money gifts, just something you have no longer a need for or bought at a garage sale, wrap it up and bring it. everybody gets a number, and then we play DIRTY SANTA with them. we do a covered dish, B.Y.O.B. and have a hell of a good time!!!!!!!!!

OldPaint

UPDATE: got it hung this weekend. need to put in permanent gas line to outside when i get the 40 lb tank. i welded the angle frame, drilled the girt and purlin to secure the frame. have the bottom of the heater at 8 1/2 feet from floor. wired a new dedicated 110v receptical, need to run the thermostat wire bout half way in the shop. will add chimney pipe now that its in place.

Attachments

• COREL 010.jpg
    COREL 010.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 67
  • COREL 011.jpg
    COREL 011.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 69
  • COREL 013.jpg
    COREL 013.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 66

Gino

Premium Subscriber
OP, unless it's too late....... that kinda heater does much better when you aim it from corner to opposite corner and you usually aim it at the north/northeast side. You want the heat to circulate rather than hit a wall head on and the reason for pointing northerly is to heat up your coldest wall. You lose less BTU's this way.

OldPaint

shop is 24 wide x 30 long. and iam going to put in a ceiling fan almost in the center of it. heater is mounted on the west wall. south facing wall has 4'x12' of polycarb clear panels that let sun and light in. north wall has the 10'x12' overhead insulated door.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With a fan in there, you'd probably done better with a potbelly stove. :Big Laugh

OldPaint

i dont like cuttin wood)))))))))))))) this is in the house!!!!

Attachments

• PANHANDLEXMAS 066s.jpg
    PANHANDLEXMAS 066s.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 63

Gino

Premium Subscriber
i dont like cuttin wood)))))))))))))) this is in the house!!!!

HAhahahahahahahahahahahaha....... you don't like cutting wood. :ROFLMAO: I clearly see that with your wax logs down there.

Our fireplace sees very little wood anymore. Since we stopped burning in the fireplace, we have less heat escaping, thus cutting down quite a chunk a change on our fuel oil bill at home.

At our shop, we have steam heat from gas. Makes some loud noises, but is it ever quick and warm. :thumb:

If you're not depending on that heater for your first source of heat.... it should work just fine. Happy heating !! :toasting:

OldPaint

iam an enterprising person, i make signs for the people SELLIN WOOD.........and trade the signs for WOOD))))) so far my wood expense this year is 0!!!!! had that wood stove going all nite last nite, it was still going at 6 am. the main heat in the house is a gas forced air heat. we also have a HEAT PUMP, but at 24 degrees ............i wont even try it.))))) as for the shop, i aint goin out there till it goes above 50)))))))))))))))

Techman

OP, you pretty handy with all that stuff.
Next thing ya know you will be inventing things like all good Southerners do.

Such as...
Red neck power windows for the truck = ryobi battery drill attached to the window crank shaft.