• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got new Roland XR-640 delivered today but Guess what ?

KaranGrewal

We received new Roland pro 4 XR-640 today. Tech took it out of box , assembled it. after doing set ups, ran test print and one print head did fire.
All our excitement went down hill. so he is coming back tomorrow to replace print head. keeping my fingers cross and hoping will have better day tomorrow.
I use to brag about Roland quality, ( we had very good experience with both are SP and VS printers ).

synergy_jim

We received new Roland pro 4 XR-640 today. Tech took it out of box , assembled it. after doing set ups, ran test print and one print head did fire.
All our excitement went down hill. so he is coming back tomorrow to replace print head. keeping my fingers cross and hoping will have better day tomorrow.
I use to brag about Roland quality, ( we had very good experience with both are SP and VS printers ).

anyone can send out a failed component. Its the service to correct it that matters. Our XR was installed without a hiccup. Printing like a champ as we speak.

player

Take down the serial number, and tell them you want them to replace it with another new printer. Nobody wants a lemon...

Do not pay until the printer is exchanged and the new one is running 100%.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In my experience these machines sit in a warehouse for unknown amounts of time. Usually a new cap top will fix the issue due to the heads sitting on them for so long and flattening out. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

KaranGrewal

So we talked with dealer this Morning ( Sabic in Canada) , there are going to replace the printer with new one. Big relief for us.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if this matters, but all the paperwork should have corresponding numbers and whatnot. Sounds like they've admitted a failure and are gonna replace it. Time out of the OP's day, but everything sounds honky-dory to me. I would imagine the OP will see one printer delivered and the other one removed. Doesn't sound too hard to follow the tracks on this one. :wink:

petepaz

our XR went in with no problems but our UV machine came in (new out of the box) with one bad LED and they had it fixed with in a couple of days. haven't really had any other issues. any issues we did have were under warranty. i have to say any roland dealers we have bought machines from have always given us good service. not sure if we have just been luky with the people we have delt with or if roland makes sure of this when they pick dealers.

synergy_jim

Glad it worked out.... Roland doesn't **** around. I've always loved their customer service and the way their dealer network operates. That being said, I have heard a few dealer horror stories, but it sounds like you have a good one...

T

Tropics09

That service! We are on our 2nd Roland printer now after purchasing the XR and have had no issues. Still have the cleaning cartridge in until we can really push white ink... Metallic prints WAY too slow for us to get a quality metallic print.

Jack Knight1979

Great story. Glad it worked out.

I LOVE my roland printers. Once I have my Fotoba paid off, I'll be adding a new one. I've been running my Sol II everyday since 2006 and still prints great. At this point I'm looking for a speed upgrade. I have been watching a lot of videos on the XF lately. I'll still run my Sol II until it dies. It will probably out live me.