• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got old cracking Vinyl to remove? BUY THIS YESTERDAY!

Wagner 0282018, 705 Steamer 1-Gallon Wallpaper Steamer - Carpet Steam Cleaners - Amazon.com

Its a Wallpaper steamer. They are also sold at big hardware stores.

Backstory: We had two trucks to remove a swoosh and replace because they were "wrapped" with either cheap or very old vinyl. On the first one we spent most of the day trying to get it off. Heat gun, torch, chizler, magic (expensive) rejuvenation spray..it would still only come off in inch or less size pieces.:banghead:

I scoured signs101 and came across this product. Went out to buy immediately after reading Colorado Signs' review. It took less than one hour for the other truck!!!!!!!!! NO ADHESIVE RESIDUE! No Chemicals! Just tap water. Everyone was just standing around in awe wanting to take turns!

Buy this now!!!! WOW!

Edit: Here's the post that sold me. Steamer for removal?

Last edited:

mmblarg

Holy crap, yes please! Showed our shop owner the product and a youtube video of a similar machine. Fingers crossed for getting it!

gabagoo

I have the Wagner, but I won a Conair clothes steamer in a golf tourney and decided to try that. The gizmo boils the water within 2 minutes of plugging it in...even better than the wagner

Kottwitz-Graphics

I had to redo the graphics on the side of a water tank truck for a local fire company. When I looked at it, the thing was empty, so the corner came up super easy, so I thought that it would be a piece of cake. I ordered the new vinyl, and went back about a week later to do the job.

Well, they had filled it, so the cold water just made the vinyl cling like there was no tomorrow. I worked on the panel (30" x 25' long), with (2) colors layered on top of the panel. I was there, with a helper for about 5 or 6 hours, with a heat gun, propane torch, and little chisslers, and we only got about 1/2 the panel off.

I went and got a wall paper steamer, based on the reviews that I got, as well as talking to another member on here. I had the other half of the panel off in about an hour.

I won't peel vinyl with out the steamer. One of the best tools that I have ever purchased.