• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic for a second entrance door

jkdbjj

So, we have a second entrance door too many people try to use as an entrance.
The landlord is very picky about putting images or graphics on the door.

So I want to perf the door with the following layout, which I think they will approve.

So there is no confusion, my company is Visual Impact, but I am in the process of merging with a Franchise that will be DE-franchised quite soon, and we will be a single company.

So then, is this too much, dog crap, useable, acceptable. Thanks...

BTW, Red, blue and white are the franchise colors that we have to use for now. Thus the screaming red and blue. It will go on a glass door that is surrounded by brick for the wall.
Maybe I should take a pic of the wall and door for all to see?
signs101.jpg

Circleville Signs

I'm so confused I don't know where to start. What I am supposed to be using the other door for? The digital printing and signs? Or for the brochures and booklets?

Also, WTF is that font all about?

jkdbjj

So I just went out to snap a few shots of what is up there now.
The skinny blue sections are just windows with perf. Then there is the top right hand sign we just put up for signage stuff, then of course the older franchise sign on the left.

The door on the right is the one I want to put the graphic on. I hope this helps explain better.

Thanks for your input.
store1.jpg
store2.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just a plain….
Franklin’s Printing & Digital Imaging

<-- Please use other door

Look professional, not like the circus came to town…. goofy font or not.​

jkdbjj

Just a plain….
Franklin’s Printing & Digital Imaging

<-- Please use other door

Look professional, not like the circus came to town…. goofy font or not.​
So, we are in a business park that has grown substantially in the last few years with more industrial and now retail businesses.

However, before I took over this unit. Very little people knew printing was being done in the building. Since adding the top right sign, business has increased a lot from local clients. We hear often, we didn't know you were here (13 years later).
The next question is what is it you all do?

So, Gino, my only thought process was to put some keywords out there for the growing area to see. You seem to think it looks like a circus. So, I might need to go back to the drawing board. Thank you for the feedback...

What Gino said.

The way you did the sketch in post #8, most people will think the door on the right is the entrance because it has all that lettering on it. Then they will get there and be pissed when they 1) try to open the door and it is locked 2) see the small "Please enter other door" lost among all the other stuff.

I'd put your name on the door, then make Please Use Other Entrance large enough to be easily read from the parking lot.

jkdbjj

OK, so the consensus seems to be focus on the customer's experience. Keep it clean and simple, so they NEVER walk up those stairs, and avoid pissed of customers.

I like it. Thanks all.

JoshLoring

The easy way would be to put a little chain from the start of the stair to the wall with a little sign that says "please use other door <-----"

Save them a walk completely..

jkdbjj

So when it comes to dressing the front of a building, most opinions are not to do it at all?

The instinct is to take advantage of the real estate. However, I realize it soon looks like a flea market, more so than a business.

Once the franchise is done, we will implement our new branding, and I guess I just assumed we would dress up the front some how.

You think I should save the fireworks for once they are in the lobby, so they can see and touch stuff, rather than putting it on the outside at all?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you know how many signs are overlooked and ignored everyday regardless of their size or colors ??

Your place is plastered with signs and in my opinion, a little over populated with signs. It's what I call sign pollution.

You do it the way you want, but in my estimation, the whole country is littered with perfectly made ugly computerized signs. People stick 'em in every nook and cranny and still no one notices. Usually because there is so much to read, they don't bother reading them, then no one knows you're there.

As far as using the word circus.... that is truly one of my pet words to describe the look.

You, yourself even said, once you put the sign high up on the building, business increased. So, why add more clutter ??

Put a 4' blue paint band around the entire building and put your name up there professionally and I'll bet you.... sales will soar in no time. If they won't let you paint, then put up pre-painted diebond with vinyl letters up there. Or.... just put a set of channels up there and go first class.

Our last building we were in had a second floor that could be seen for almost a mile away. We put 4' x 90' aluminum panels up there with 40" letters. You could read that from anywhere and three of our walls had the same thing on it. That was seen everyday by thousands of people passing by and we actually became known on other people's radio ads and things when they'd say... when you pass Wise Signs...... on route 61.

But, if you feel putting a perf vinyl job on a door you don't want anyone to come in is a better idea.... you do that instead. :thumb:

Circleville Signs

So when it comes to dressing the front of a building, most opinions are not to do it at all?

The instinct is to take advantage of the real estate. However, I realize it soon looks like a flea market, more so than a business.

Once the franchise is done, we will implement our new branding, and I guess I just assumed we would dress up the front some how.

You think I should save the fireworks for once they are in the lobby, so they can see and touch stuff, rather than putting it on the outside at all?

Not at all. Dressing up the front of the building can be great if done properly. The problem you are facing is that none of the things you have suggested actually DO that.

The stated purpose of your original idea was to get people to use the correct door. What you gave us to look at was a listing of your products that kind of included the thought that people should use the right door. Those two things are different :smile:

jkdbjj

Do you know how many signs are overlooked and ignored everyday regardless of their size or colors ??

Your place is plastered with signs and in my opinion, a little over populated with signs. It's what I call sign pollution.

You do it the way you want, but in my estimation, the whole country is littered with perfectly made ugly computerized signs. People stick 'em in every nook and cranny and still no one notices. Usually because there is so much to read, they don't bother reading them, then no one knows you're there.

As far as using the word circus.... that is truly one of my pet words to describe the look.

You, yourself even said, once you put the sign high up on the building, business increased. So, why add more clutter ??

Put a 4' blue paint band around the entire building and put your name up there professionally and I'll bet you.... sales will soar in no time. If they won't let you paint, then put up pre-painted diebond with vinyl letters up there. Or.... just put a set of channels up there and go first class.

Our last building we were in had a second floor that could be seen for almost a mile away. We put 4' x 90' aluminum panels up there with 40" letters. You could read that from anywhere and three of our walls had the same thing on it. That was seen everyday by thousands of people passing by and we actually became known on other people's radio ads and things when they'd say... when you pass Wise Signs...... on route 61.

But, if you feel putting a perf vinyl job on a door you don't want anyone to come in is a better idea.... you do that instead. :thumb:

I never suggested perf is better or this or that, so what was that all about at the end of your post???

As for the other suggestions, wrapping the building and channel letters, I really appreciate that. I have little time to think about marketing our company, thus another reason I am on this site sometimes.

I didn't think of the stickers/perf as such lower end signage, but after you phrased it that way I totally agree. The more professional we present ourselves, the better business we could attract.

I have a feeling there are going to be plenty of dumb restrictions I will face from the landlord. They allow some cheap looking stickers, but maybe not sophisticated channel letters. We shall see.

Last edited: