• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphics tablets

mamos

Hi All

I would like try out a graphics tablet to see how I get on with it for vectorizing.

Are there any other manufacturers you would recommend other than WACOM

I don't have anything against wacom tablets as I have never used one but there must be other makers who are as good

mamos

Vinylman

I have an older Wacom tablet that I have used sparingly for about 6 years. It has worked flawlessly. There may be a couple of other options out there, but with Wacoms' dominance in the market place, it would be my next tablet choice just because of the number of others that have chosen it over any compitition.

Just my 2Ç

mamos

I know what you are saying. I have a very cheap tablet that is next to useless but it was very cheap.

There are other makers but wacom seem to have the largest market share but I was wondering about Aiptek etc. Does anyone have any experience of these tablets

mamos

SignBurst PCs

I wouldn't buy anything other than Wacom, personally. They have some great tablets.

I recently attended Photoshop World in Las Vegas and they had a booth set up. Some of their new stuff is amazing. I especially enjoyed the Cintique as it combined a monitor with the tablet (you could actually draw on the monitor). It made it so easier!

animenick65

Wacom is an industry standard. They make great products. The tough part is picking out one that fits you without trying it. I don't know of a chain store that has their whole lineup that you could try.

mamos

I have also thought about getting a tablet PC but they are a lot of money and I would like to try one out with CorelDRAW before I buy one.

mamos

Jackpine

I have a Wacom 6"x9" that came with my CorelX3 upgrade a while back. It was an offer I believe Amazon had. So.....yes it works. Maybe I should read all the post first.
I have also thought about getting a tablet PC but they are a lot of money and I would like to try one out with CorelDRAW before I buy one.

mamos

Last edited:

GK

I want to get a tablet for my desktop also. What do you guys think of the Wacom Intuos4 - Medium for drawing and notes?

Depends what you are drawing. If you are just going to doodle and take notes don't waste the money on the Intuos line go for the Bamboo. If you are going to be using it to do final drawings, detailed sketches, photo retouching, things of a professional nature then by all means, the Intuos4 is the way to go on a limited budget. The sizes are all dependent on the users drawing style. Larger tablet for people who tend to draw with large brush strokes and smaller for smaller strokes (or travel convenience, the small one just loses some of the convenience keys i think)