• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphix Advantage Help with Gerber GS-15

1toolmaker

ok, I am getting errors as soon as I try to send the file to plot ???

PLTOF63.TMP (40) error

I am using a serial to usb adaptor...I hope this is not the issue

What do you all think ???

Chuck

threeputt

Has the "serial to usb adaptor" been working all along? And you're just now experiencing problems?

I'm not engineer enough to diagnose your problem. Tony would probably have an idea. But then again he would probably suggest (kindly) that you pick up a licensed copy of Omega. (see them for sale on this forum every once in a while)

Omega is very stable and obviously will run their equipment very, very well.

Good luck.

smdgrfx

You need to be sure and have the usb driver installed for the adpater. The USB adapter should have an ID and you need to identify it as a com port. I am using Omega and it works perfectly. I never tried it with Graphix Advantage. Also, check the Gerber site and see if there is a driver update for using USB with Garphix Advantage.

Tony Teveris

What USB to Serial adpater are you using. There are may out there that do not work because the "driver" does not support a Windows function we use in communicating to the device. Either call TechSupport and asked them or search the boards (here or 4edgetalk). I just do not remember the brands.

1toolmaker

What USB to Serial adpater are you using. There are may out there that do not work because the "driver" does not support a Windows function we use in communicating to the device. Either call TechSupport and asked them or search the boards (here or 4edgetalk). I just do not remember the brands.

Tony,

Thanks for your help again...

The adpter is a "Nexxtech" and I tried a "Bafo" as well. The thing is the Nexxtech worked on my APD cutter and my Gerber GSX Plus but not the Gerber GS-15 ????

Chuck