• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Solution Needed

I have a Graphtec FC5100-75 that does not completely cut. The simplest way to describe the problem is if it cuts a circle the starting point and the stopping point are not the same location. It leaves a little tab connecting the circle with the vinyl you would weed. Have changed all sorts of settings but have not found anything to correct this problem.Anyone have an answer?
Thanks.....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It might be offset but offset is like a carburetor on an engine. It's the first thing attacked and, more often than not, the last thing that's causing problems.

If your machine has done this from day one out of the box, then offset may well be the culprit. If the offset is set at what it's supposed to be for your current blade then probably not.

If it was cutting before and started exhibiting this behavior, probably you need a sharp new blade. And/or you need to blow the dust and debris out of the carriage mechanism with special attention to the blade up and down mechanism. Then inspect your cutting strip. Any or all of these things are far more likely to be the cause than the offset. Offset isn't subject to wear and tear, it neither breaks nor wears out. It's doubtful that the offset parameter mysteriously changed.

Certainly you can compensate for what's actually wrong by diddling the offset but most likely you're not fixing anything. There's a good chance you'll merely be a player in the "Doc it hurts when I do this." "Don't do that." comedy.

signage

Two things first off set as said above then make sure your graphics languages match most Graphtecs use GPHL not HPGL.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Two things first off set as said above then make sure your graphics languages match most Graphtecs use GPHL not HPGL.

Not quite. Most Graphtecs have a setting for HPGL or GPGL. Which one you use depends on just what your software's putting out. For example, Flexi does HPGL but Graphtec's Cutting Master add in for Corel and others uses GPGL. The potter doesn't care which one as long as it's set to the one you're using.

Jackpine

Try cleaning the blade holder. Bob is correct, if it did cut clean before the offset should be still ok. I just had a tech tell me the same thing...."change the offset". I asked him why and he didn't have an answer. I cleaned the blade holder and put a small amount of Singer sewing machine oil to lubricate and "bingo", just like it use to cut.

I have tried running the offset up and down, no help. I checked the blade holder and blade, all looks good. Also it is having trouble cutting straight lines. Example... Arial Blk font with a capitol A all lines should be straight with sharp corners. From one corner to the next cuts are not straight. I don't have a manual for this machine so everything I try is hunt and seek.

SignosaurusRex

Hmmm.....?...May I suggest, for a test, Choose a short simple Item to cut..Example: "SIGNS" in 2" caps. Just before plotting, Add something like a 1" square after the text. Now plot all of this. Does the whole word cut and leave the square unfinished (incomplete cut)?

Just tried your test. 2" Caps Arial Bold.1" square. It cut everything. The text had little peices connecting the letter to the sheet vinyl. The letters are cut at a poor quality. Some lines that should be straight are crooked and the arcs on other letters are not smooth. One edge of square not cut at 90 degree.

SignosaurusRex

I have an issue with my Graphtec CE1000-60. Sometimes the area between the last two nodes of the image or last character to cut, will not cut. I have to add an additional element to any plot sequence for everything I want to be completed. Your situation appears much more involved than mine. Both plotter and software techs have not been able to help. I hope you have luck!

kalvix

i've had my graphtec for a few months now and it seems that the wear strip has a large gouge in it. do i need to replace it? I haven't seen this is many of the catalogs? should i contact graphtec for a replacement? in frequent use how often do you change out these strips?

It has just enough holding it to pull the cut image while weeding. You can hold down with finger while weeding and tear the uncut portion. This does not occur on every letter all the time. Some letters cut perfect and some don't.

SignosaurusRex

Sorry Colbert, I'm not much help on this one! To me, Appears to be possibly a two-fold issue. Offset and Blade holder (dirty or dry Bearing).

Bill Modzel

I had the same issue with my 7500 when I first installed it. I went nuts attemting to "adjust" everything. Went throught the same list with tech support. Turned out to be a defective blade holder. I got a replacement and it was better but not nearly as good as the one that I had with my original 2100 Graphtec with the brass holder. I finally bought one of the old style holders and the problem went away totally.

Jackpine

i've had my graphtec for a few months now and it seems that the wear strip has a large gouge in it. do i need to replace it? I haven't seen this is many of the catalogs? should i contact graphtec for a replacement? in frequent use how often do you change out these strips?
You can get Graphtec cutting strips from Gregory.