• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Weird problem

Freebass

I did manage to cut a small section off the bottom bit of ribbon cable and peel back the plastic cover 6mm or so to reveal new contacts for the ribbon cable screen didn’t come back to life but pressing here and their momentarily brings the screen back on.

Freebass

Ok update I managed to find a board in china they said it was for the ce1000 old stock it was 220 dollars steep but I thought if it works worth giving it a go it turns out I had all the issues same as the guy who started the first post screen mountings all had to be modified had to remount the main board as screen display was upside down and then when all fitted and powered on display is pushed to the right cutting off text like the media width.
See photos

Freebass

57BC81C0-3B03-42E9-87A3-4B3932846812.jpeg
0AB35D76-7EC3-464E-898F-8A8FF096075F.jpeg
E4C6DB01-7998-4926-8A03-D42CB6B32FAE.jpeg
57BC81C0-3B03-42E9-87A3-4B3932846812.jpeg
0AB35D76-7EC3-464E-898F-8A8FF096075F.jpeg

You could work around this. If you're using cutting master, there is a poll width function, that asks the plotter how far apart the wheels are.
Edited to say, I spent 5-10 years not realizing this was a feature. years. I would run from the plotter to the computer and punch in the mm width, along with "mm", every time I wanted to plot something...
Yes fortunately I can still see force and speed and blade offset just unfortunately it displays length before width on the plotter other way round I’d be ok I’m using omega composer an old 2001 version which doesn’t display the cutter width it was set up over the phone years ago by Graphtec Uk I think because the model of plotter was not listed it was set up as generic which locks out all the control settings on the computer end so it might normally show it if it’s set up to a listed plotter model or may no I don’t know if anyone does I’d be interested, yes I know what you mean running back to the plotter to check.
You could work around this. If you're using cutting master, there is a poll width function, that asks the plotter how far apart the wheels are.
Edited to say, I spent 5-10 years not realizing this was a feature. years. I would run from the plotter to the computer and punch in the mm width, along with "mm", every time I wanted to plot something...